Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

aeroponic cloning discussion.

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
seymore_budz
Respected Member

aeroponic cloning discussion.

Post by seymore_budz »

Hello GR420!

I've been doing a lot of seeds and I've taken clones with great success using the standard peat and rockwool way but I've recently moved onto aeroponics so thought aeroponics cloner would fit my current style of growing.

I've never used one before so wanted to open a discussion to see how you guys run aeroponic cloners and get some general knowledge on how to proceed.

I've bought a 20 site X-stream propagator but they were out of the 20site tops so I bought a 12 to run a trial run. I'm using RO water as per all my grows. Here's how I kicked this off.

Filled the res with about 4ltr of RO water.
Added CaMg to bring the PPM up to around 100
Added 2ml of Nitrozyme
Added 1.5ml of Bio Roots
Added 1.5ml of Ferro Enzyme Plus
PH the water to 6

Take the clones from the bottom of thr plant, cut the branch down to around two nodes plus a bit of real estate. Trim the leaves in half to stop transpiration while rooting, score the bottom of the cutting 2-3 times with a scalpel to expose some tissue below the epidermis. Dip in some rooting gel and place in the neoprene leaving about 1-2cm below the ground.

I did consider adding some superthrive but decided not to. So what do you think guys? Did I do something wrong? What's your secret sauce?

These photos are 24 hours after putting them in the propagator.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: aeroponic cloning discussion.

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ive done these just in water before, they did fine.
I usually add a little bit of formulex tho. I don't ec the water, no need imho. I will sometimes set ph to 5.8, if I remember, but they don't seem to mind 7.2 out the tap

I cut them just below a node, and scrape the bottom inch of stem to allow new roots to get going, same as you a dip in clonex (altho it undoubtedly comes off when sprayed, by aero sprayer), and a spray inside the lid.
I also cut off the bottom of the netpots, to save trying to untangle the roots when they grow downwards, and poke the stem through till the bottom of the cuts are below the net pot cut off point.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:50 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:26 pm
I usually add a little bit of formulex tho. I don't ec the water, no need imho. I will sometimes set ph to 5.8, if I remember, but they don't seem to mind 7.2 out the tap

I cut them just below a node, and scrape the bottom inch of stem to allow new roots to get going, same as you a dip in clonex (altho it undoubtedly comes off when sprayed, by aero sprayer), and a spray inside the lid.
I also cut off the bottom of the netpots, to save trying to untangle the roots when they grow downwards, and poke the stem through till the bottom of the cuts are below the net pot cut off point.
Awesome, thanks for the tips on the net pots! Great idea. Do you use municipal water or RO water? The only reason why I added the Nitrozyme and CaMg was I was worried about them not having anything to feed on when they do root. I'm with you on the PH/EC. I don't think it matters until they're growing either. Do you think I stick too much crap in my water? :oops:

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Ooh sorry to but in and changing the subject a wee bit but how are you finding ferro nutes? A few years ago i spent ages trying to find someone on a forum who uses them and here you be lmao

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

grumpygrower wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:55 pm
bigbadbillybob wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tips on the net pots! Great idea. Do you use municipal water or RO water? The only reason why I added the Nitrozyme and CaMg was I was worried about them not having anything to feed on when they do root. I'm with you on the PH/EC. I don't think it matters until they're growing either. Do you think I stick too much crap in my water? :oops:

I use the water that comes out the tap. I don't have a RO system, mine comes out as soft water with a ph of 7.2, and ec of 0.2
I would add a little cal mag if you run RO, to put some trace in there. if you are running municipal water, I would check ec and go from there.
I really don't think they need much at all till they are well rooted.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:44 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

cheesygrow wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:01 pm
Ooh sorry to but in and changing the subject a wee bit but how are you finding ferro nutes? A few years ago i spent ages trying to find someone on a forum who uses them and here you be lmao

Hey Cheesy

It's my first time using them bud. So far they doing OK but I'm finding a little hard to dial in. Had the odd Ca and other def so upped the EC and I get a slight N toxicity. I am using their soil pebbles mix on aero but I can't see there being much difference other than a bit of humic acid to regulate PH.

Wait until my order of the N.F.T/Aero ro formula come through and I'll know for sure.

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

grumpygrower wrote:
cheesygrow wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Hey Cheesy

It's my first time using them bud. So far they doing OK but I'm finding a little hard to dial in. Had the odd Ca and other def so upped the EC and I get a slight N toxicity. I am using their soil pebbles mix on aero but I can't see there being much difference other than a bit of humic acid to regulate PH.

Wait until my order of the N.F.T/Aero ro formula come through and I'll know for sure.
That's kinda what happened to me bud I upp ec then they go overfed. It did help putting the ph to 6 alot but then that's when I changed nutes so dunno if keeping ph above 6 would have helped lol. Good luck bud

Return to “Cannabis Growing”