Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Autoflowering In the Balcony - Beginner

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
fcflalx
Has thanked: 0

Re: Autoflowering In the Balcony - Beginner

Post by fcflalx »

Hello Everyone!

Thanks again all for the suggestions.

I confirm I have just received my auto-seeds and now just remains the last decision I need to make and for that, I once more ask for your HELP! Please, if there is another posts related to this that are structured and easy to read please just share the link with me as I do not mean to generate repeated posts but there are so many discussions that is hard for me to follow.

THE DECISION:
- Should I plant in regular soil or coco? Reminding everyone this is my first time, the plant is an auto (if this has any difference), the idea is to be something simple to manage as I`ll use my balcony outdoor and I am a BEGINNER.

From what I have been reading, it seems to me that the regular soil mix is the way to go as it will have nutrients from the soil for a while until I need to worry with nutrients? On the other hand I read that is much easier to have diseases and ultimately I`ll still need to feed the soil....

I was initially considering coco soil and I`m still more inclined to such option, but I really need help regarding which nutrients should I pick, the quantity and proportion for each time I water the plant, or how to know when to just water the coco soil and when to use nutrients? I don`t want to have too much work as I stay out of home for work all day and sometimes arrive late night so we would be looking at a 3 to 4 days a week to take good care of the plants.

Whats your thoughts around the above?? Is there any instructional on how to add nutrients to your coco soil, the good mix and dosage of each nutrient, etc?

All help is welcome and appreciated.

All the best and stay safe outthere!

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Merseyman

Post by Merseyman »

fcflalx wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:36 am
Hello Everyone!

Thanks again all for the suggestions.

I confirm I have just received my auto-seeds and now just remains the last decision I need to make and for that, I once more ask for your HELP! Please, if there is another posts related to this that are structured and easy to read please just share the link with me as I do not mean to generate repeated posts but there are so many discussions that is hard for me to follow.

THE DECISION:
- Should I plant in regular soil or coco? Reminding everyone this is my first time, the plant is an auto (if this has any difference), the idea is to be something simple to manage as I`ll use my balcony outdoor and I am a BEGINNER.

From what I have been reading, it seems to me that the regular soil mix is the way to go as it will have nutrients from the soil for a while until I need to worry with nutrients? On the other hand I read that is much easier to have diseases and ultimately I`ll still need to feed the soil....

I was initially considering coco soil and I`m still more inclined to such option, but I really need help regarding which nutrients should I pick, the quantity and proportion for each time I water the plant, or how to know when to just water the coco soil and when to use nutrients? I don`t want to have too much work as I stay out of home for work all day and sometimes arrive late night so we would be looking at a 3 to 4 days a week to take good care of the plants.

Whats your thoughts around the above?? Is there any instructional on how to add nutrients to your coco soil, the good mix and dosage of each nutrient, etc?

All help is welcome and appreciated.

All the best and stay safe outthere!
I have been doing autoflower outside in soil in the uk for a few years now, I’d say get them started indoors, I sprout the seed first in a paper towel and ziplock in a warm area, then when sprouted I transfer to final pot which is usually about 11litres. Then I keep it inside and give it 19/5 light on and off from 100w cfl light which I keep very close. Once she is looking healthy il transfer outside, I do keep it under cover once flower begins to keep it dryer. I have used straight growbag soil but I find this abit heavy, this year I’m trying BioBizz soil which has a looser texture and il be feeding it organic Nutes when the time comes. Don’t forget the light is the main nutrient the nutrients it’s easier to over do than under do. I’ve personally never had any bug problems fingers crossed it remains that way.
Good luck and don’t over think it it’s a plant at the end of the day if you give it light, soil and water it will grow.

fcflalx

Post by fcflalx »

[image]Hello all,

Would like to give some updates and share one concern I am having since yesterday.

I decided to plant in soil and used Canna Terra Professional on textile pots.

My Nothern Lights Auto has germinated normally but the Sensi CDB #34 didn't so in order to not lose time *after 10 days of waiting, I have planted another Sensi CDB but different strain.

As mentioned on my first post, I am planting autos because I am doing it so in my balcony without extra lights, so far I have been moving the plants every night to inside because of chilly nights still and during their first 2 weeks after germinating I have used a bottle as a greenhouse in order to keep humidity and warm.

Since week 3 *last week for Nothern Lights and this week for CDB, I started to use very low dosage nutrients on both and I am going with BioBizz Grow... I am using 2 Gal pots, and am watering with about 1L or a bit less, and used less than 1Ml/L since 1Ml is the dosage recommended by BioBizz and I did not want to burn the plant given a high-quality soil that I used...

Last week I had to travel for 4 days, watered both plants and left. Today when I arrived, both seem pretty strong but I noticed that the first leafs of the oldest plant, the Nothern Lights, is yellowing on the edges and small browns are also there... I researched a bit yesterday and noticed it could be secondary nutrients, but a friend said the first leafs always die eventually and could be the case given the other leafs are very well.

I also started LST on the Nothern Lights yesterday and today they already popped up and reacted well to it!!!

Below are some photos for you guys to see the progress and also the leafs I am concerned about. PS: My tap water is PH 7.5 and I am using PH Down until hits 6.5, some times 6.2...

fcflalx

Post by fcflalx »

fcflalx wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:54 am
[image]Hello all,

Would like to give some updates and share one concern I am having since yesterday.

I decided to plant in soil and used Canna Terra Professional on textile pots.

My Nothern Lights Auto has germinated normally but the Sensi CDB #34 didn't so in order to not lose time *after 10 days of waiting, I have planted another Sensi CDB but different strain.

As mentioned on my first post, I am planting autos because I am doing it so in my balcony without extra lights, so far I have been moving the plants every night to inside because of chilly nights still and during their first 2 weeks after germinating I have used a bottle as a greenhouse in order to keep humidity and warm.

Since week 3 *last week for Nothern Lights and this week for CDB, I started to use very low dosage nutrients on both and I am going with BioBizz Grow... I am using 2 Gal pots, and am watering with about 1L or a bit less, and used less than 1Ml/L since 1Ml is the dosage recommended by BioBizz and I did not want to burn the plant given a high-quality soil that I used...

Last week I had to travel for 4 days, watered both plants and left. Today when I arrived, both seem pretty strong but I noticed that the first leafs of the oldest plant, the Nothern Lights, is yellowing on the edges and small browns are also there... I researched a bit yesterday and noticed it could be secondary nutrients, but a friend said the first leafs always die eventually and could be the case given the other leafs are very well.

I also started LST on the Nothern Lights yesterday and today they already popped up and reacted well to it!!!

Below are some photos for you guys to see the progress and also the leafs I am concerned about. PS: My tap water is PH 7.5 and I am using PH Down until hits 6.5, some times 6.2...

Just realized I do not know how to upload images here!!!! :idn: :bang head:

Lets try here>>

https://ibb.co/ZzVNzY9
https://ibb.co/N3JxTM5
https://ibb.co/nj2kgKD
https://ibb.co/9c54PTp

fcflalx

Post by fcflalx »

Just another update.

A friend alerted of maybe this leafs to be the beginning of a nutrient burnout so I watered the ladies today until around 50% of the water was out in the hope to prevent it to keep burning them if this is the case. Ayways, I appreciate any feedback.

Return to “Cannabis Growing”