Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Far red during flower

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Far red during flower

Post by Josh »

https://youtu.be/M9u9tGmQmA4

Has anybody seen good results from trying this?
Like same strain from clone, so you can get a good comparison

Supposedly speeds up flower

I found a 730 nm light on Amazon for cheap, might give it a shot

Far Red LED Initiator Puck

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Philzon   Vape4Ever
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Far red during flower

Post by GMO »

ive been asking ISH to make one of these aslong as i cant remember :lol: so no i havent used one but i hear only good things. they also do some exotic boards which im really interested in
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

If you grow with a decent LED guys i would say it should or would have the full Sun spectrum of visable colours and not so visable from UV to infared in them. That said i use hps lol. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:If you grow with a decent LED guys i would say it should or would have the full Sun spectrum of visable colours and not so visable from UV to infared in them. That said i use hps lol. :)
Lol, ya I use hps also but was thinking of adding these to my led side. I could be mistaken but the ish 120 boards I bought don't look to have and diodes of that spectrum

Odds are, like always with our hobby, doesn't make much of a difference I'll prbly end up doing a side by side comparison eventually and see if it actually speeds up flower or not

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

The ish 120 boards dont have far red, they have 90 x 3000k leds and 30 x 6500k leds which make them more versatile and better for veg. The r strips have got both deep red and far red for the emerson effect. I run ish 150 boards with 150 x 3000k leds and an r strip in the middle with 108 x 3500k leds, 4 x deep red and 2 x far red leds. You probably want at least one r strip per m2. I use seperate 4000k boards for veg. I've also done autoglueberry og with and without the r strip with the same nutes and system and feed schedule, i did get better faster growth with the r strip but then i did have more leds in total in the space, i also found that harvest came a bit earlier by a week and a half or so, but that was for 3 out of 4 plants so might if just been a pheno thing.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Nomoli wrote:The ish 120 boards dont have far red, they have 90 x 3000k leds and 30 x 6500k leds which make them more versatile and better for veg. The r strips have got both deep red and far red for the emerson effect. I run ish 150 boards with 150 x 3000k leds and an r strip in the middle with 108 x 3500k leds, 4 x deep red and 2 x far red leds. You probably want at least one r strip per m2. I use seperate 4000k boards for veg. I've also done autoglueberry og with and without the r strip with the same nutes and system and feed schedule, i did get better faster growth with the r strip but then i did have more leds in total in the space, i also found that harvest came a bit earlier by a week and a half or so, but that was for 3 out of 4 plants so might if just been a pheno thing.
Thanks for the info man! some real time experience, hell ya

Ya I was stoked about the ish120's for veg but I'm considering adding a couple 2700k strips to help boost flower a bit. They're only about 20$ a piece on ebay, lm301b chips too

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Lm301h is tge latest ones dude, dunno how much better they be though

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Viz wrote:Their is a reasonably large or significant difference between the 301B and the 301H diodes but until there is data showing differences in growing weed I am fairly confident the differences will be marginal.

Good lights are not a guarantee of a good grow, of a large grow. They merely ensure that your plants have every chance to do well.
I'm just copying what the major led companies are using I'll admit I don't know near as much as you guys prbly

Fully agree with what you're saying though K

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

integrajosh wrote:
Viz wrote:Their is a reasonably large or significant difference between the 301B and the 301H diodes but until there is data showing differences in growing weed I am fairly confident the differences will be marginal.

Good lights are not a guarantee of a good grow, of a large grow. They merely ensure that your plants have every chance to do well.
I'm just copying what the major led companies are using I'll admit I don't know near as much as you guys prbly

Fully agree with what you're saying though K

I mean viz my bad

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

iv got that exact puck Josh, its ok, we are releasing our own version in like 2-3 weeks its bigger an better an both the deep red and far red are controllable separately.
For further information on our products please visit our website www.invisiblesunled.co.uk

Return to “Cannabis Growing”