Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New to this, could use some advice

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: New to this, could use some advice

Post by Marcus »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:13 pm
Momma bear wrote:She’s a beauty but have to agree with Keeno she’s wanting more light.
Hmmm.... Do I still need to give it 12hours of dark each day now that it's flowering? I could leave the lamp on it constantly l - or is that not an option?

Or do I need a much bigger lamp maybe?

Would be such a shame to lose it

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Yes she needs 12 hours of dark or she'll just reveg.

Good luck!
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along to the Growroom you’ll get all the help u need here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:35 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Keeno wrote:Ok, first off for a first plant in soil, not a big pot... You doing a great job of it. The plant looks healthy, but could probably do with a bit more feed.

The plant has indeed started to flower, the fluffy/white hairy bits, are called bud sites. These are where your flowers/buds will form.

Whats happened here is you have started this plant far too late in the season. Outdoor growers will be starting plants in march/april, to get out once there is little chance of a late frost.

The only way to finish this plant and get anything worth its weight will be to get the plant under a grow light. I know this isn't what you want to hear, The chance of this plant producing anything decent with current light levels/intensity, is slim.

We can take you through what a basic kit would look like and the cost if this helps?

You can continue to have the plant on the windowsill, but the reality is it won't do much in my honest opinion.

P.s. I love that bar at the back of the garden, I've been looking at that exact one online.
Hi there, so I've upped the feed a little (twice a week instead of once. And I've got it under a much bigger grow light now.

It's been about a week under the bigger light and I'm certainly noticing the leaves a turning slightly deeper green and plant is developing alot more white crystals around leaves and bud sites, and unless my eyes are deceiving my the buds are getting fuller (that could be wishful thinking however )

Hopefully it works out "ok" given the mistakes I made earlier in the year and I atleast get something. Next year I'll definitely start it inside alot earlier in the year under a lamp. Thanks for the advice there!

Over the winter I'll buy bits and pieces here and there I think ready for future growing. What are the absolute bare essentials is need? Any advice is hugely appreciated. Thankyou, and I apologize for asking as I'm sure you get asked alot.

Thanks again for having me. Take care

ImageImage

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Ohhh look at her she’s trying isn’t she💚 I bet she does just fine. She may not give you huge buds but i bet you get some from her. She’s a beauty for sure.
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Pork Chop Express

Momma bear wrote:Ohhh look at her she’s trying isn’t she I bet she does just fine. She may not give you huge buds but i bet you get some from her. She’s a beauty for sure.
Fingers crossed eh. If not then I'll just try again next year... Can you grow them through the winter under lamps? Or is that a strange question lol?

Thanks for being positive - it's more than I'm being at the moment. Kicking myself for messing this one up I was really looking forward to it because it was supposed to be a good strain? (I've no idea I'm brand new to all of this lol)

I'll keep you posted either way

MommaB

Post by MommaB »

You’re doing great we all started the same way! To answer your question yes you can grow year round indoors with the proper equipment. I just started some seeds it will be my winter grow. Some of us grow in grow tents with carbon filters and hps or led lights. Some grow just in the summer outside. And some a mix. If you are looking for a mentor we have a section on the forum in the diary section you can request for w mentor to help you along your first grow once you have your equipment. Everyone on this forum is more than happy to help it’s what we are here for💚
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:30 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Momma bear wrote:You’re doing great we all started the same way! To answer your question yes you can grow year round indoors with the proper equipment. I just started some seeds it will be my winter grow. Some of us grow in grow tents with carbon filters and hps or led lights. Some grow just in the summer outside. And some a mix. If you are looking for a mentor we have a section on the forum in the diary section you can request for w mentor to help you along your first grow once you have your equipment. Everyone on this forum is more than happy to help it’s what we are here for
I'll definitely check that out, thankyou.

Would I need a tent etc, could I not have it in the corner of my room under this LED grow light and just expect smaller yield? Or would that just not work?

I'll have to get the bits I need piece by piece then go from there, I can't afford alot with not being able to work due to arthritic feet so I'll get a little bit each month and be ready by spring hopefully lol. Is there a place where there's a list of equipment I'd need and prices etc written down? Or would it be best to just ask around?

I've spotted afew of your posts, yours look amazing. I'd love to have something like that eventually lol. I'll keep reading up

MommaB

Post by MommaB »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:30 pm
Momma bear wrote:You’re doing great we all started the same way! To answer your question yes you can grow year round indoors with the proper equipment. I just started some seeds it will be my winter grow. Some of us grow in grow tents with carbon filters and hps or led lights. Some grow just in the summer outside. And some a mix. If you are looking for a mentor we have a section on the forum in the diary section you can request for w mentor to help you along your first grow once you have your equipment. Everyone on this forum is more than happy to help it’s what we are here for
I'll definitely check that out, thankyou.

Would I need a tent etc, could I not have it in the corner of my room under this LED grow light and just expect smaller yield? Or would that just not work?

I'll have to get the bits I need piece by piece then go from there, I can't afford alot with not being able to work due to arthritic feet so I'll get a little bit each month and be ready by spring hopefully lol. Is there a place where there's a list of equipment I'd need and prices etc written down? Or would it be best to just ask around?

I've spotted afew of your posts, yours look amazing. I'd love to have something like that eventually lol. I'll keep reading up

MommaB

Post by MommaB »

Yes you can just put it in a corner under a light they want to live and thrive. You will have the smell to deal with tho. Environment can be kinda hard to dial in on in a open space like that. Meaning temperature humidity ect. But as long as you can dial that corner in you’ll be fine. As a beginner I can completely understand not having everything you need for them and winging it I started out in a dresser cubby. Just have to make sure you are using grow lights with the proper wattage on it. Do you know how much the light you’re using puts out?
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:01 pm)

MommaB

Post by MommaB »

My first light was one like yours but purple bulbs put out 24 watts😂😂😂 I just didn’t know I’ll find a pic of my first grow for ya it was rough

Return to “Cannabis Growing”