Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New to this, could use some advice

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Pork Chop Express

Re: New to this, could use some advice

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Momma bear wrote:Yes you can just put it in a corner under a light they want to live and thrive. You will have the smell to deal with tho. Environment can be kinda hard to dial in on in a open space like that. Meaning temperature humidity ect. But as long as you can dial that corner in you’ll be fine. As a beginner I can completely understand not having everything you need for them and winging it I started out in a dresser cubby. Just have to make sure you are using grow lights with the proper wattage on it. Do you know how much the light you’re using puts out?
It is 200w full spectrum apparently. It wasn't expensive (as you've probably guessed lol) it was only £45.

Oh deer is the smell going to be bad, the wife's going to kill me - luckily she's pretty easy going lol. That's probably where the tent and filter comes into its own right, to control the smell. I'll certainly have to look into it then but for now I'll have to make her nice dinners to keep her sweet .

Yes that'd be great, would love to see how you started out, what your doing now looks amazing so I'll try to do something similar, I just read a thread about converting a small wardrobe. That's something that I could probably do over the winter as a project

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4667&hilit=Pink+crystal

That was my very first grow. I was lucky enough to have Keeno as a mentor so I didn’t have to go through all the normal beginner mistakes. Loads of great info that Keeno dropped in that diary as well. Yes the smell once in flower will be loud! So it will be something you’ll want to invest in. They aren’t terribly priced and defo worth it!
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Trex (Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:19 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:06 pm
Momma bear wrote:Yes you can just put it in a corner under a light they want to live and thrive. You will have the smell to deal with tho. Environment can be kinda hard to dial in on in a open space like that. Meaning temperature humidity ect. But as long as you can dial that corner in you’ll be fine. As a beginner I can completely understand not having everything you need for them and winging it I started out in a dresser cubby. Just have to make sure you are using grow lights with the proper wattage on it. Do you know how much the light you’re using puts out?
It is 200w full spectrum apparently. It wasn't expensive (as you've probably guessed lol) it was only £45.

Oh deer is the smell going to be bad, the wife's going to kill me - luckily she's pretty easy going lol. That's probably where the tent and filter comes into its own right, to control the smell. I'll certainly have to look into it then but for now I'll have to make her nice dinners to keep her sweet .

Yes that'd be great, would love to see how you started out, what your doing now looks amazing so I'll try to do something similar, I just read a thread about converting a small wardrobe. That's something that I could probably do over the winter as a project

Perhaps not just your wife to consider. Depending on the genetics, if it does start to reek, be mindful of your neighbours if you are in a prohibition country.

For personal growers there's a mantra; "No smell, No tell, No sell"

You may well be fine with the one plant, for adjacent rooms (not the room the plant is in) investing in a couple of Ona blocks would be good. They remove all smells naturally. But you cannot out them near the plant as your weed will taste of them.

Good luck. Its a fine adventure and congrats on making that first move. All starts with a seed. Good luck.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:38 pm)

Pork Chop Express

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Tictok wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:

Perhaps not just your wife to consider. Depending on the genetics, if it does start to reek, be mindful of your neighbours if you are in a prohibition country.

You may well be fine with the one plant, for adjacent rooms (not the room the plant is in) investing in a couple of Ona blocks would be good. They remove all smells naturally. But you cannot out them near the plant as your weed will taste of them.

Good luck. Its a fine adventure and congrats on making that first move. All starts with a seed. Good luck.
I'll definitely get a couple of those for this year then and invest in an extract for next. It's Infront of a patio door that I can leave cracked for abit ventilation and where it is isn't too near any neighbors windows so I'm hoping the smell wouldn't be an issue with the neighbors... I'll play it by ear I guess.

Thanks for the tip mate I appreciate it

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Pork Chop Express wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:41 pm
Tictok wrote:
Pork Chop Express wrote:

I'll definitely get a couple of those for this year then and invest in an extract for next. It's Infront of a patio door that I can leave cracked for abit ventilation and where it is isn't too near any neighbors windows so I'm hoping the smell wouldn't be an issue with the neighbors... I'll play it by ear I guess.

Thanks for the tip mate I appreciate it

More than welcome. Any more questions just post them up, there will always be someone here to help (and there's no such thing as a silly question!)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”