Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New to this, could use some advice

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Pork Chop Express

New to this, could use some advice

Post by Pork Chop Express »

Hi all. I apologize if this has been answered somewhere already and I'm sure you get this alot however... I'm new to this and I think I've gone wrong.

Over the years I've struggled with arthritis in my feet and hands so last year I decided to grow a plant on my patio to see if it helped with the symptoms, everything was good but come October it wilted and did. So this year I've tried again - it's looking ok but the buds are very small and don't seem to be growing. I'm rotating it between very well lit windows so that it gets good sunlight and feeding it three times a week but I suspect this one will wilt and die also.

Is there any tips and advice someone could throw my way to get a potted plant to produce buds that I could then experiment with?

Thankyou in advance. Take care all

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: New to this, could use some advice

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to Growroom420.

It's difficult to kmagine exactly what's going on with the plant without seeing it. Could you please a picture of the plant.

Having been outside the plant should have been producing flowers/buds by October. There must be more going on here.

When did you plant the seed?

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

So when the plants are tiny they are actually easy to damage or stall. Overwatering is a big culprit for that. Also possibly you said you have them growing in a window. It may just be they aren’t getting the light they need to thrive or the soil may be to rich. As Keeno said it’s really hard to tell without pictures and knowing what equipment or nutrients you are feeding them. Maybe start a diary with pictures I know all of us would be more than happy to follow along and help ya out.
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Pic, pic, picture required.....how old is she...what is she...

Pork Chop Express

Keeno wrote:Welcome to Growroom420.

It's difficult to kmagine exactly what's going on with the plant without seeing it. Could you please a picture of the plant.

Having been outside the plant should have been producing flowers/buds by October. There must be more going on here.

When did you plant the seed?
So I planted it in a pot on the windowsill around mid April. Then moved it to a large pot and it's been on the patio all summer. I brought it inside at the start of September ish because the weather turned abit naughty and it's been inside since. Image

Pork Chop Express

Thanks for replying.

So I planted it in a pot in a windowsill around April and then moved it to the large pot and it's been on the patio all summer.

I brought it inside about a month ago because the weather turned abit naughty and it's been inside ever since. I've got a little grow lamp on it giving it light 7-7 also because I read somewhere about 12 hour nights but honestly I haven't a clue what I'm doing lol.

It's an Afghan Kush I believe the seed I purchased. ImageImage

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Ok, first off for a first plant in soil, not a big pot... You doing a great job of it. The plant looks healthy, but could probably do with a bit more feed.

The plant has indeed started to flower, the fluffy/white hairy bits, are called bud sites. These are where your flowers/buds will form.

Whats happened here is you have started this plant far too late in the season. Outdoor growers will be starting plants in march/april, to get out once there is little chance of a late frost.

The only way to finish this plant and get anything worth its weight will be to get the plant under a grow light. I know this isn't what you want to hear, The chance of this plant producing anything decent with current light levels/intensity, is slim.

We can take you through what a basic kit would look like and the cost if this helps?

You can continue to have the plant on the windowsill, but the reality is it won't do much in my honest opinion.

P.s. I love that bar at the back of the garden, I've been looking at that exact one online.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Pork Chop Express (Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:14 pm)

Pork Chop Express

There is a small grow lamp on it at the moment and I have it Infront of a door to get some passive sunlight also to top up what the lamp can't do. Not sure if that will help at all?

Yes any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd like that. Thankyou. This is the second year trying this now so it'd be nice to get something from it lol.

Also for future, would I need to get my seed planted in a pot and growing ready to get straight outside for April? As apposed to planting it in April?

There was me thinking this would be easy just on the patio lol.

P.s. thanks, it's my BBQ shed/bar. Getting abit old now but it's good to have - it's nice to sit in when it's raining too for some peace lol

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

She’s a beauty but have to agree with Keeno she’s wanting more light.

Pork Chop Express

Momma bear wrote:She’s a beauty but have to agree with Keeno she’s wanting more light.
Hmmm.... Do I still need to give it 12hours of dark each day now that it's flowering? I could leave the lamp on it constantly l - or is that not an option?

Or do I need a much bigger lamp maybe?

Would be such a shame to lose it

Return to “Cannabis Growing”