Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

So i aquired this old cheese cut,thoughts?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
bimblebrains

Re: So i aquired this old cheese cut,thoughts?

Post by bimblebrains »

Momma bear wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:32 pm
Agree with keeping them quarantined until they are healthy and clean. Beautiful buds below I’m not familiar with either strain but I bet they will give you some tasty buds judging by the frosty buds
yes @Momma bear better to be safe than sorry,these pathogens can be devastating if they leak in.As for the strain,if it is the real deal which i strongly suspect it is,then she's super special...you gotta be to be popped in '89 and still be in peoples gardens,say no more!

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Rawreefer wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:57 pm
As long as you can quarantine for long enough there are enough there to bring around to your way of growing...go for it
yes @Rawreefer mate,gotta give this my best shot as people be missing her out there big time,so feel its my duty!

GHO

Post by GHO »

bimblebrains wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Keeno wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:42 am
The nugs defo look similar to what I know as Luton Cheese. You wont be ablke to fem/breed her, the real one was not possible to breed, making it all the more sought after.

As for the pm, @GHO has a couple of new products aimed at this and other pest/issues. Im sure hell be able to explain more. There are a few diaries floating about with the Luton cut in them, you can have a look and see if they look similar to your mates. The clones was easier to get around 10-12 years ago, so the timing and area look good. Treat it like gold dust mate, the real one is few are far between these days and the ones that are left are often not what they once were due to being kept n not so idea situations, re veg, etc.
Yes @Keeno i agree,thats what peaked my interest,when he said about the area and the time period.Yes i remember folks saying that's she's virtually impossible to reverse,so people have only ever used her to receive and hence the recessive triats never pass.
I'll have a ganders at some old dairies on here to compare then for sure,the nugs look the part i think.
I know for a fact he's never revegged her because i asked him and he's wasnt aware of the process,now the flowers didnt have that multi bag piercing smell but the average/poor health of his plants and severe over ferting from the nft tanks will do that.I'm convinced that once in the soil and bacteria under a nice light spectrum i can nurse her back to health and full potential,we'll see!!! so yes i'm treating her like gold dust as could be one of the few cuts left out there that hasnt gone thru reveg.
So @GHO what is the product called then?,is it a soil drench or folliar type thing? sounds really good man,and yes needs dealing with asap like you say
Palisade is for pests mate, Barricade is for fungal pathogens. Each contains different species of microbes that feed on their respective targets and form symbiotic relationships with the plant that benefit them. Both need mixing with water (chlorine free) and amino acids or a nitrogen source then adding to soil/spraying on the plant. Shake well whilst spraying to prevent settling. Directions are on the tin though. Link to the microbes section of my site is on my earlier post 👍

GHO

Post by GHO »

bimblebrains wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:55 pm
@GHO Tag wouldent work in last post
The link? Seems to work for me pal if not head to the site they're both in the microbes tab

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

GHO wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:48 pm
bimblebrains wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Keeno wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:42 am
The nugs defo look similar to what I know as Luton Cheese. You wont be ablke to fem/breed her, the real one was not possible to breed, making it all the more sought after.

As for the pm, @GHO has a couple of new products aimed at this and other pest/issues. Im sure hell be able to explain more. There are a few diaries floating about with the Luton cut in them, you can have a look and see if they look similar to your mates. The clones was easier to get around 10-12 years ago, so the timing and area look good. Treat it like gold dust mate, the real one is few are far between these days and the ones that are left are often not what they once were due to being kept n not so idea situations, re veg, etc.
Yes @Keeno i agree,thats what peaked my interest,when he said about the area and the time period.Yes i remember folks saying that's she's virtually impossible to reverse,so people have only ever used her to receive and hence the recessive triats never pass.
I'll have a ganders at some old dairies on here to compare then for sure,the nugs look the part i think.
I know for a fact he's never revegged her because i asked him and he's wasnt aware of the process,now the flowers didnt have that multi bag piercing smell but the average/poor health of his plants and severe over ferting from the nft tanks will do that.I'm convinced that once in the soil and bacteria under a nice light spectrum i can nurse her back to health and full potential,we'll see!!! so yes i'm treating her like gold dust as could be one of the few cuts left out there that hasnt gone thru reveg.
So @GHO what is the product called then?,is it a soil drench or folliar type thing? sounds really good man,and yes needs dealing with asap like you say
Palisade is for pests mate, Barricade is for fungal pathogens. Each contains different species of microbes that feed on their respective targets and form symbiotic relationships with the plant that benefit them. Both need mixing with water (chlorine free) and amino acids or a nitrogen source then adding to soil/spraying on the plant. Shake well whilst spraying to prevent settling. Directions are on the tin though. Link to the microbes section of my site is on my earlier post 👍
Excellent man thanks a lot,i didnt really wanna be using a nasty fungicide or whatever.Didnt really wanna use the bug clear ultra as i know its systemic but had to just to be able to bring the cuts in to the other area in my house,after a couple of clonings of super new growth i hope i can out run it,thoughts on that? cool well i'll def get on your site and order the barracade and the aminos needed,thanks again @GHO

GHO

Post by GHO »

You're welcome dude. For me I'd avoid fungicide as I assume you'll be using mycorrhizae in whatever medium you run? I try to avoid anything that's indiscriminate like those unless it's desperate. All the best.

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

GHO wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:08 pm
You're welcome dude. For me I'd avoid fungicide as I assume you'll be using mycorrhizae in whatever medium you run? I try to avoid anything that's indiscriminate like those unless it's desperate. All the best.
ahh yes very good point,dont wanna be unfriendly to friendly's!,yes bio bizz all mix has some in the mix and i'm using asos at the mo too,i never use anything nasty but these cuts needed that mite spray big time..what can you do,sometiomes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Return to “Cannabis Growing”