Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

So i aquired this old cheese cut,thoughts?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
bimblebrains

So i aquired this old cheese cut,thoughts?

Post by bimblebrains »

Hey everyone

So i have in some Cheese cuttings rooting in a make shift quarantine zone as we speak and i need some advice,also how sought after is the original still? and what are your thoughts on the nugs pictured,look familiar?

Recently got introduced to the grower thru and mutual friend,he was passed the cut in 2012 by a grower from the haverhill area,uk.which is not all that far from the bedford/luton area that the cut originated from i understand.The dude i got it from has literally grown and smoked nothing but this cheese for more than 10 years lol.
I've been in his room and seen fully flowering plants,mums and it really does look the part...that zig zag lateral branching, quite narrow leaves with double serrations on some ,no big kolas,a lot more golf ball nuggy style tops and the aroma,very strong..he has double filters.The smell from his flowers is not sweet in any way its proper antispectic,bit putrid and really takes me back to getting flower from Kempston (also near luton) around 2006.

Unfortunatley his set up is in a shed which comes with added pm and mites,also shes been kept in rockwool cubes, fed salts in an nft system the whole time and the guys cloning practices(sterilisation of tools) leave a lot to be desired too.

I've dealt with the mites in the form of Bug clear ultra but i'm worred that the Powdery mildew is systemic.I've got a uvc wand that kills mold and bacteria but not sure if this will be enough...fungicide maybe?

The guy didnt like the idea of me taking photos at his spot unfortunately so these are the only photos i've got for you at the mo sorry

any advice would be much appreciated GR420 ... :wave:

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: So i aquired this old cheese cut,thoughts?

Post by Rawreefer »

As long as you can quarantine for long enough there are enough there to bring around to your way of growing...go for it

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

An approach to not have to worry about contamination in your grow space at all would be a longer approach. By that I mean you could keep them separate, flip them quickly, spray a couple with colloidal silver feminizing spray, and make fem seeds. Keeps your whole grow clean and now can do as you please as far as growing the seeds out, would also mean you don't have to worry about keeping a mother going for future cuts.
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Sage wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:45 am
An approach to not have to worry about contamination in your grow space at all would be a longer approach. By that I mean you could keep them separate, flip them quickly, spray a couple with colloidal silver feminizing spray, and make fem seeds. Keeps your whole grow clean and now can do as you please as far as growing the seeds out, would also mean you don't have to worry about keeping a mother going for future cuts.
Hey @Sage yes well that would be a good thing to be doing as i'm all about preservation but i dont have space to designate to such projects,other thing is that know one has ever found anything that stands up to the original in the progeny made from the cut,the stink and the cespa terp taste thing are recessive traits that never seem to pass..all the cheese seed lines ever have all been a let down if you ask me,i take it you're well versed with the reverse then dude? never tried it myself,fascinating stuff

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The nugs defo look similar to what I know as Luton Cheese. You wont be ablke to fem/breed her, the real one was not possible to breed, making it all the more sought after.

As for the pm, @GHO has a couple of new products aimed at this and other pest/issues. Im sure hell be able to explain more. There are a few diaries floating about with the Luton cut in them, you can have a look and see if they look similar to your mates. The clones was easier to get around 10-12 years ago, so the timing and area look good. Treat it like gold dust mate, the real one is few are far between these days and the ones that are left are often not what they once were due to being kept n not so idea situations, re veg, etc.

GHO

Post by GHO »

Yeah I've got parasitic fungi mate. Palisade is fungi that eats pests such as spider mites, thrips aphids etc. Barricade is fungi that feeds on pathogenic fungi botyritis, pm, damping off etc.
Both are best used before you get a problem developing into a real situation. Any questions get at me.

https://www.greenhandorganic.co.uk/microbes

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Agree with keeping them quarantined until they are healthy and clean. Beautiful buds below I’m not familiar with either strain but I bet they will give you some tasty buds judging by the frosty buds
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Keeno wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:42 am
The nugs defo look similar to what I know as Luton Cheese. You wont be ablke to fem/breed her, the real one was not possible to breed, making it all the more sought after.

As for the pm, @GHO has a couple of new products aimed at this and other pest/issues. Im sure hell be able to explain more. There are a few diaries floating about with the Luton cut in them, you can have a look and see if they look similar to your mates. The clones was easier to get around 10-12 years ago, so the timing and area look good. Treat it like gold dust mate, the real one is few are far between these days and the ones that are left are often not what they once were due to being kept n not so idea situations, re veg, etc.
Yes @Keeno i agree,thats what peaked my interest,when he said about the area and the time period.Yes i remember folks saying that's she's virtually impossible to reverse,so people have only ever used her to receive and hence the recessive triats never pass.
I'll have a ganders at some old dairies on here to compare then for sure,the nugs look the part i think.
I know for a fact he's never revegged her because i asked him and he's wasnt aware of the process,now the flowers didnt have that multi bag piercing smell but the average/poor health of his plants and severe over ferting from the nft tanks will do that.I'm convinced that once in the soil and bacteria under a nice light spectrum i can nurse her back to health and full potential,we'll see!!! so yes i'm treating her like gold dust as could be one of the few cuts left out there that hasnt gone thru reveg.
So @GHO what is the product called then?,is it a soil drench or folliar type thing? sounds really good man,and yes needs dealing with asap like you say

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

@GHO Tag wouldent work in last post

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Forgot to say,got one rooted as of yesterday,yay!!!!

Return to “Cannabis Growing”