Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Next grow medium ideas

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Next grow medium ideas

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Hey guys so a little advice and points of view needed for me here I think...

So it's coming up to my growing anniversary (1 year in February) and so far I've done 3 grows all in different mediums (biobizz soil, biobizz soil with some amendments (worm castings, compost) and biobizz soil with more amendments (same as above plus dolomite lime, kelp, rock dust etc).

My next grow I'm undecided whether to:

1.go straight into coco and try and use organic (biocanna/ bio bizz nutes)

Or

2.Coco with standard canna nutes.

Or

3.Use coco as a Base and add soil amendments and make my own soil (following Hobbit's recipe).

I was also wondering if it was worth pH-ing the feed going into amended coco soil (no.3 above) or will it make no difference.

Also I'm guessing I need an ec pen (I have an essential pH pen allready) can someone recommend one?

Anything else I've missed lemme know!
Still a newbie, still learning.

Cheers dears
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Next grow medium ideas

Post by GMO »

your at a tricky fork in the road mate

i believe you do better than most in soil and potential option 3 being your natural step

but

if you are really wanting to play with coco for the sake of coco. option 2 all the way imho

but its still a tricky fork for you imo mate cos like i say. your soil plants dont leave much do be desired, they are lovely

good luck choosing buddy
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

i`d just run the canna range after all its been around a while tried + tested ! i mite go dirt next grow these coconutz are killing my slowly.atb :Stoned:

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Canna Coco with Canna A&B and a bit of rootstim from there its over to you pal BOOM
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Thanks for the input guys. I have a bag of worm castings and compost so I'm thinking I may do the soil next run (option 3) followed by a straight Coco run afterwards. I think. I also have full bottles of the bio canna flores and boost so i'll use them rather than spend more money on more nutes.

If I do it this way I have more time to get some airpots for the coco run and use my fabric pots for my spring veg.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:Thanks for the input guys. I have a bag of worm castings and compost so I'm thinking I may do the soil next run (option 3) followed by a straight Coco run afterwards. I think. I also have full bottles of the bio canna flores and boost so i'll use them rather than spend more money on more nutes.

If I do it this way I have more time to get some airpots for the coco run and use my fabric pots for my spring veg.
I think that's the most natural step for ya mate

You'll love pure coco when you get to it but I'm impressed with what your doing in soil already, be a shame to waste the talent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

GMO wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:Thanks for the input guys. I have a bag of worm castings and compost so I'm thinking I may do the soil next run (option 3) followed by a straight Coco run afterwards. I think. I also have full bottles of the bio canna flores and boost so i'll use them rather than spend more money on more nutes.

I think that's the most natural step for ya mate

You'll love pure coco when you get to it but I'm impressed with what your doing in soil already, be a shame to waste the talent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks dude. This run isn't getting my excited like the last run. Everything looks small. I upped my feed last night as I was holding back on the watering to put off those pesky fungus gnats.

Return to “Cannabis Growing”