Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cutting branches for bigger yields?

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Trillskrilla

Re: Cutting branches for bigger yields?

Post by Trillskrilla »

I also had a cal mag def and have been using cal mag for 2 weeks should I continue to use the cal mag I'm not noticing any yellowing in the new growth

Trillskrilla

Post by Trillskrilla »

I've posted pics and I'll post more if you need to see the full plant it's definitely showing signs of budding

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

If your already 3 weeks into flower its probably a bit late to be cutting branches off in the hopes of a great yield. Your better off doing that in the veg cycle.

The exception to this would be if you had a huge plat in week 3 of flower with a healthy upper canopy and a few smaller lower branches (below the canopy) that were obviously not going to produce anything but larf. Then you could snip those branches.

From the picture, your plant looks kind of small with limited flower clusters. Your best just leaving her this time. Learn from it and plan for it on the next cycle.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 3):
Sage (Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:50 am) • Greenfingers (Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:20 am) • Trillskrilla (Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:21 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Return to “Cannabis Growing”