Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Energy Saving Ideas When Growing

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
IMO
Known User

Re: Energy Saving Ideas When Growing

Post by IMO »

@Keeno are you pulling air into your groom from the loft space or from a room downstairs?
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 4:30 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

IMO wrote: โ†‘
Thu May 26, 2022 4:17 pm
@Keeno are you pulling air into your groom from the loft space or from a room downstairs?
I've set it up yo do either. It can pull from a space that's sealed except for a vent to the outside, or from a vent in a bedroom cupboard. This way i can make use of or get away from hot/cold.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
duke (Thu May 26, 2022 5:23 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Keeno wrote: โ†‘
Thu May 26, 2022 4:32 pm
I've set it up yo do either. It can pull from a space that's sealed except for a vent to the outside, or from a vent in a bedroom cupboard. This way i can make use of or get away from hot/cold.
Nice ๐Ÿ˜Ž, smart cookie eh ๐Ÿ‘
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 4:51 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Thu May 26, 2022 4:39 pm
Was more a bit of luck. I had my plants in the cupboard in the bedroom while I built the loft. When it was time to move them all up I left the ducting running from the cupboard. It was just long enough to fit a splitter.

So pissed off with it, no way to know leccy prices would do this obviously, but to use it all as planned would be ridiculous running cost now.

I'm still playing with what to do do.
The Aspie Toker (Thu May 26, 2022 5:51 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Thu May 26, 2022 4:57 pm

Was more a bit of luck. I had my plants in the cupboard in the bedroom while I built the loft. When it was time to move them all up I left the ducting running from the cupboard. It was just long enough to fit a splitter.

So pissed off with it, no way to know leccy prices would do this obviously, but to use it all as planned would be ridiculous running cost now.

The way i see it is to get as efficient as possible, and even with a leccy cost of ยฃ500 per grow its still way cheaper than buying Ganja plus you know whatโ€™s been done to it. I also think that this energy business will get sorted out it may take awhile but It has to get sorted or people will just stop paying and that doesnt suit the government or the energy companies. I do think a lot of this shit is fake engineered crisisis to keep people in fear and confused! We have hundreds I have even heard estimates of thousands of years of coal left in this country alone, technology exists to make the burning of coal prity clean, man made climate change is bollocks, CO2 is plant food ffs the earths been much warmer and had higher co2 levels than we have now, talk about climate change another cyclical ice age would be a real ball ache, us in the uk would have meters if not miles of ice on top of us, I say fk that Iโ€™d rather be abit warmer.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 4):
The Aspie Toker (Thu May 26, 2022 5:51 pm) • Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 5:53 pm) • Greenfingers (Thu May 26, 2022 6:58 pm) • bimblebrains (Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:13 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Thinking in my head now Iโ€™m not gonna bother with a new grow tent I may buy 5 sheets of 1.2/2.4/50mm celotex or kingspan insulation boards, knock up a timber frame and for around the same money as a green qube end up with a well insulated solid grow space approx 4/4/7ft
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 5:53 pm) • duke (Thu May 26, 2022 5:57 pm) • GMO (Thu May 26, 2022 6:15 pm)

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

I intake warm air from my laundry room (where the tumble dryer is, which kicks out a load of heat).
I then run a long exhaust that I coil around the tent, over which i place blankets, insulation and duvets, which acts to retain a lot of the warmth.

Double re-use of heat!
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
duke (Thu May 26, 2022 5:58 pm) • Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 6:08 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Try this for free electricity...

:running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 6):
flip (Thu May 26, 2022 5:54 pm) • duke (Thu May 26, 2022 5:58 pm) • Keeno (Thu May 26, 2022 6:09 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Thu May 26, 2022 6:20 pm) • Nom (Thu May 26, 2022 6:35 pm) • Greenfingers (Thu May 26, 2022 7:00 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Thu May 26, 2022 5:39 pm
Thu May 26, 2022 4:57 pm

The way i see it is to get as efficient as possible, and even with a leccy cost of ยฃ500 per grow its still way cheaper than buying Ganja plus you know whatโ€™s been done to it. I also think that this energy business will get sorted out it may take awhile but It has to get sorted or people will just stop paying and that doesnt suit the government or the energy companies. I do think a lot of this shit is fake engineered crisisis to keep people in fear and confused! We have hundreds I have even heard estimates of thousands of years of coal left in this country alone, technology exists to make the burning of coal prity clean, man made climate change is bollocks, CO2 is plant food ffs the earth been much warmer and had higher co2 levels than we have now, talk about climate change another cyclical ice age would be a real ball ache, us in the uk would have meters if not miles of ice on top of us, I say fk that Iโ€™d rather be abit warmer.
I 100% agree mate. It will get done in time. I'll never what grow. When I say I'm pissed off I mean I won't be able to use the whole thing which I put a lot of thought into being able to do. Like the pollen chucking, there is a whole section for that, there's a corner for me to grow plants just to test stuff, review, make content for the forum, and guide. The main scrog is the oil producer for my health. Truth be told all in it would likely be 4k watt in lighting alone, If there was something id thought about doing over the years, I had space up there for it, dream groom.

I would grow no matter what, it just means ill be doing 1 thing or another, not my original plan of a dad laboratory for all things growing. If the energy sorts its crisis fooks off then its all there still and I can play mad scientist again :barmy:
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
IMO (Thu May 26, 2022 6:19 pm) • duke (Thu May 26, 2022 7:23 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Thu May 26, 2022 5:48 pm
Thinking in my head now Iโ€™m not gonna bother with a new grow tent I may buy 5 sheets of 1.2/2.4/50mm celotex or kingspan insulation boards, knock up a timber frame and for around the same money as a green qube end up with a well insulated solid grow space approx 4/4/7ft
You will get the extra height that way.
duke (Thu May 26, 2022 7:25 pm)

Return to โ€œCannabis Growingโ€