Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

NEW Light cycles SAVE MONEY!!!

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
bimblebrains

Re: NEW Light cycles SAVE MONEY!!!

Post by bimblebrains »

MafooFarms wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:14 am
They dont look half bad tbf is a statement i would agree with. For how wildly experimental you were, that looks pretty neat from here.

Think i might go adjust the timer for the clones im trying to sex, thanks BB
Cheers @MafooFarms yer it went better than i thought with the meat cut tbh,like i say shit on the banana tho...as for sexing..the guy says that an 8/16 will make them show quickest apparently
These users thanked the author bimblebrains for the post:
Mafooo (Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:34 am)

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Nom wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:49 am
Yeh deffinately agree, 33 days of light is a good result i reckon. Looks about as good as any of my grows but then it is me growing it. Over the course of a few years this could tot up to a tidy saving
aye @Nom over a long time it is a hell of a lot less light hours,water, and feed...defo something that could be worked on to give very low £'s per gram results,given the space and time,interesting stuff!
kbag (Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:10 pm)

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

Tictok wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:25 am
bimblebrains wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:25 am
So here's some shots of my Meat pie cut flowered on the 6 on 18 off cycle.Took her down at 60 days of flower and i started counting a week in, so that's 67 days of 6/18 which is the same amount of hours as 33.5 days on 12/12.She was in a tent with a cut of the banana sauce but the banana hasn't fared very well i'm sorry to say,she's a much taller branchy plant so guess you could say a bit more equatorial and would have done a lot better with 8 or 10 hours a day no doubt,which i think the guy recommends anyhow, she's got some nice finshed flowers on her but yer tiny,will probably just wash the whole plant haha.
So things i noted along the way...they only stretch about a third to half as much,they seem to start flowering in a matter of days,they only drink about half to 2/3 as much water and they need not nearly as much feed,the last 2 points are kind of annoying tho ,as it seems harder to get them to pale off in the last couple weeks.Also slightly different expressions,bud morphology wise and smell,both seem more gassy.
Basically,its very cultivar dependent and very hit and miss as to what will work i'm gunna guess,and with my limited space atm i'm not gunna mess about trying to tweak it,obviously the meat pie looks alright but its nowhere as beastly as on 12/12! and i cant afford to loose any more time on it,as time is bud n all that!.But yer just really wanted to try it out as was very curious,i hope also it's opened a few folks eyes that are really struggling with power bills and are maybe not bothered about getting a bit less bud but just want something,that there is scope to play with the light hours, as it took a lot less electric to grow this plant and it don't look half bad considering.
For the record the 2 plants were under a mars hydro ts2000w ,it says 300w on the driver but anyone know what they actually put out? then can half that as there were 2 plants and get the g per w for the experiment once she's dry...not a good time to dry weed this week either grrr,,getting hotter by the day!! anyhow her she is,sorry she's a floppy mess,didnt really show her much love tbh,just shoved em in there!

Great Post, thanks for sharing. Impressive results.

Please let us know how the smoke is when they are done. I have heard that these different light cycles produce a more sativa affect, even in indica dom plants, it will be interesting to hear back on that especially if you have noticed a different bud morphology.
cool @Tictok bro,yes i'll let you know how different she smokes as defo smells and looks quite a bit different for sure,the top flowers look way more og than the more wedding cake look she's expressed before,infact those tops look like a dead ringer for real deal shots of like the ghost og or tahoe you see on icmag and such sites,smells is more og too for sure,very fuely indeed,gunna be interesting ,cheers for keeping the convo going as always man,just love talking about weed lol :wave:
These users thanked the author bimblebrains for the post (total 2):
kbag (Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:09 pm) • Tictok (Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:00 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

bimblebrains wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:24 am
Tictok wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:25 am
bimblebrains wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:25 am
So here's some shots of my Meat pie cut flowered on the 6 on 18 off cycle.Took her down at 60 days of flower and i started counting a week in, so that's 67 days of 6/18 which is the same amount of hours as 33.5 days on 12/12.She was in a tent with a cut of the banana sauce but the banana hasn't fared very well i'm sorry to say,she's a much taller branchy plant so guess you could say a bit more equatorial and would have done a lot better with 8 or 10 hours a day no doubt,which i think the guy recommends anyhow, she's got some nice finshed flowers on her but yer tiny,will probably just wash the whole plant haha.
So things i noted along the way...they only stretch about a third to half as much,they seem to start flowering in a matter of days,they only drink about half to 2/3 as much water and they need not nearly as much feed,the last 2 points are kind of annoying tho ,as it seems harder to get them to pale off in the last couple weeks.Also slightly different expressions,bud morphology wise and smell,both seem more gassy.
Basically,its very cultivar dependent and very hit and miss as to what will work i'm gunna guess,and with my limited space atm i'm not gunna mess about trying to tweak it,obviously the meat pie looks alright but its nowhere as beastly as on 12/12! and i cant afford to loose any more time on it,as time is bud n all that!.But yer just really wanted to try it out as was very curious,i hope also it's opened a few folks eyes that are really struggling with power bills and are maybe not bothered about getting a bit less bud but just want something,that there is scope to play with the light hours, as it took a lot less electric to grow this plant and it don't look half bad considering.
For the record the 2 plants were under a mars hydro ts2000w ,it says 300w on the driver but anyone know what they actually put out? then can half that as there were 2 plants and get the g per w for the experiment once she's dry...not a good time to dry weed this week either grrr,,getting hotter by the day!! anyhow her she is,sorry she's a floppy mess,didnt really show her much love tbh,just shoved em in there!

Great Post, thanks for sharing. Impressive results.

Please let us know how the smoke is when they are done. I have heard that these different light cycles produce a more sativa affect, even in indica dom plants, it will be interesting to hear back on that especially if you have noticed a different bud morphology.
cool @Tictok bro,yes i'll let you know how different she smokes as defo smells and looks quite a bit different for sure,the top flowers look way more og than the more wedding cake look she's expressed before,infact those tops look like a dead ringer for real deal shots of like the ghost og or tahoe you see on icmag and such sites,smells is more og too for sure,very fuely indeed,gunna be interesting ,cheers for keeping the convo going as always man,just love talking about weed lol :wave:
Fascinating stuff, that might well work out to your advantage!

What is the make up of the strain? Does it contain Ghost OG?

bimblebrains

Post by bimblebrains »

yes indeed @Tictok its fascinating stuff and i guess starting to get in to the realms of crop steering,the less light hours have undoubtably had quite profound effect.As for the lineage of the Meat pie,she's a cut i selected from a pack of cannarado,Chem D x birthday cake, so i guess you can say that it does have the ghost og in there way back on the birthday cake side. Because ,cookies had the Florida og as the mum and the Ghost is an S1 of the original 92' og (from florida) that Oregon kid sold to a grower called Ghost,sorry if it sounds confusing but the florida og in the cookies is infact just the same '92 og aka the josh d cut,that he (josh) took out to Cali from flodida in 1992...hell what doesnt have og or chem in it these days,not much lol
Tictok (Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:21 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”