Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Reducing floorspace by grafting cultivars onto a older rootball

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Back Room Farmer

Re: Reducing floorspace by grafting cultivars onto a older rootball

Post by Back Room Farmer »

THis opens up ideas for me as well...........a grafted multistrain mother in hydro DWC...........

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Back Room Farmer wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:00 am
THis opens up ideas for me as well...........a grafted multistrain mother in hydro DWC...........
Would be a great idea but DWC doesn't suit mother plants IMO. Systems with no media suit short runs due to the potential issues that can arise with roots. If you're going to keep a mother for an extended period of time I would recommend using soil. After a year or so you will have to take the rootball out of the pot and give them a trim to keep things in check.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
Back Room Farmer (Sat May 14, 2022 8:30 am) • Sage (Sat May 14, 2022 8:33 am) • Herbalist (Sun May 15, 2022 8:37 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Back Room Farmer

Post by Back Room Farmer »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:26 am
Back Room Farmer wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:00 am
Would be a great idea but DWC doesn't suit mother plants IMO. Systems with no media suit short runs due to the potential issues that can arise with roots. If you're going to keep a mother for an extended period of time I would recommend using soil. After a year or so you will have to take the rootball out of the pot and give them a trim to keep things in check.
Did a lot of research on it and with my setup I am pretty confident I can keep a mother plant nicely. Will need to trim and every 6 months trim roots. But I change res every 2 weeks and I treat with hydroguard as well. Just never thought about grafting......
These users thanked the author Back Room Farmer for the post:
Herbalist (Sun May 15, 2022 8:37 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”