Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

NFT Reading material/links

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
wutang
Known User

NFT Reading material/links

Post by wutang »

Hey all

So you might have heard me babbling about NFT before and how difficult I found it compared to soil grows...but that may be just that my soil grow was better because I had a bit more experience in general growing by then.

I've done 2 grows in NFT, both ended up with monstrous tree trunks, but the first I totally messed up with environment i.e. no temp/humidity control in a discreet grow cupboard. Second one I almost got there and then I had issues with fluctuating ph..from which I read is now normal...its about how you control the upwards swing.

Seeing as I have the GT205 for a single plant..and some nutes..I want to give it another go...but this time I want to get it bang on so want to do as much reading and absorb as many useful tips from the experts here.

I have a water circulator, heater, and the pump of course. Do I need any more gear inside the tank?

If anyone can recommend any reading I would appreciate it.

I'll be using Cyco Platinum Grow and Bloom with some Orca Mycorrhizae. I also have some other pk13 stuff I think, but will get a clear list when I go back in the shed.

From what I understand, water needs to be completely changed weekly, and topped up during the week if necessary.

I've got the tools; essentials ph and ec pens with calibration for each

Ph down as I live in an area with high ph

Thanks all

Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed May 11, 2022 9:13 am) • MrNice (Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 am)

Re: NFT Reading material/links

Post by Guest »

wutang wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:10 am
Hey all

So you might have heard me babbling about NFT before and how difficult I found it compared to soil grows...but that may be just that my soil grow was better because I had a bit more experience in general growing by then.

I've done 2 grows in NFT, both ended up with monstrous tree trunks, but the first I totally messed up with environment i.e. no temp/humidity control in a discreet grow cupboard. Second one I almost got there and then I had issues with fluctuating ph..from which I read is now normal...its about how you control the upwards swing.

Seeing as I have the GT205 for a single plant..and some nutes..I want to give it another go...but this time I want to get it bang on so want to do as much reading and absorb as many useful tips from the experts here.

I have a water circulator, heater, and the pump of course. Do I need any more gear inside the tank?

If anyone can recommend any reading I would appreciate it.

I'll be using Cyco Platinum Grow and Bloom with some Orca Mycorrhizae. I also have some other pk13 stuff I think, but will get a clear list when I go back in the shed.

From what I understand, water needs to be completely changed weekly, and topped up during the week if necessary.

I've got the tools; essentials ph and ec pens with calibration for each

Ph down as I live in an area with high ph

Thanks all

Wu
I used to use bicarbonate as I was in soil too. Apparently, especially in hydroponics this van bind up Calcium and cause lock out issues.
From @GHO the other day with his bongo jungle translation ✌️
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
wutang (Wed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Re: NFT Reading material/links

Post by Guest »

....oh and that orca stuff is supposed to be pretty good for hydro I heard.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
wutang (Wed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”