Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pot size

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
newzimbabwe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pot size

Post by newzimbabwe »

Hey all! Quick potting question -

1st timer here - I have a 2ftx2ftx3ft grow tent and have two plants in separate 2.8Lt pots (about 4 weeks since their sprout). I noticed I can see the roots through the drain holes on the bottom..

Do I need bigger pots or will they be fine given the size of my tent?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Pot size

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420!

10l are about the minimum id use in soil, do you have a bit more info, medium, lights etc?

newzimbabwe

Post by newzimbabwe »

Thanks! I have a Mars Hydro 300w using happy frog soil.

Afraid to use a bigger pot since my space isn’t large by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

led is the right choice but i think you will struggle in small pot sizes, it makes things more tricky

to you have access to airpots?

newzimbabwe

Post by newzimbabwe »

Do not have access to airpots.. wouldn’t 2 10L pots be too large for my tent? Also do not want to shock the plants again if I need to repot. Why would my current pits be more tricky? Sorry for so many questions; just want my plants to thrive! Thanks again!

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Hi I generally grow in small pots , at the mo I'm in 1.5 litre , my grow space a a little bigger than yours and I find my small pots just manageable in there , my mentor would say no chance of a big pot in there to me here's both mine , lucky to b alive , threatened with death often lol happy growing

newzimbabwe

Post by newzimbabwe »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:Hi I generally grow in small pots , at the mo I'm in 1.5 litre , my grow space a a little bigger than yours and I find my small pots just manageable in there , my mentor would say no chance of a big pot in there to me here's both mine , lucky to b alive , threatened with death often lol happy growing

Thanks a million! This gives me hope haha! Anything special I need to know for the smaller pots when my plants get older??

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

newzimbabwe wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:Hi I generally grow in small pots , at the mo I'm in 1.5 litre , my grow space a a little bigger than yours and I find my small pots just manageable in there , my mentor would say no chance of a big pot in there to me here's both mine , lucky to b alive , threatened with death often lol happy growing

Thanks a million! This gives me hope haha! Anything special I need to know for the smaller pots when my plants get older??
Never say never lol u gotta try things out till you find your niche keep them moist but not sodden , water slowly with tepid water enough to wet all the dirt , I only have run off once a week
You could always fill up on pot noodles

My babe in a Pepsi lol

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

aye bach a few 2 litre pots is plenty,heres a bugger in a 1.5 litre pot of cement,it had a real bad first few weeks but i brought her tame now see,it depends on wether ewe just wanna be self suffusion or not,i grow for myself only see not whole sale..... :laugh: good luck with your venture.atb :Stoned:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

A tip for growing in small pots - You might find yourself having to water every day. Sometimes more often depending on your temps. :)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”