Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

24/48 hours of light before harvesting

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

24/48 hours of light before harvesting

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

https://youtu.be/92LXNYXuYrY

Kinda makes sense. I've always done 24 hours of darkness but plants need the energy of lights to create oils etc (I'm not going to say create trichomes as 48 hours before harvest all your mature trichs are all ready there) so I may give this a go. Turn the heater down too. Cold and light before harvest.

Thought it was interesting though. I like mr grow it.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 3):
Budgie (Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:41 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:05 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:20 am)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Re: 24/48 hours of light before harvesting

Post by JJ »

Very good info,,,I do dark also but will try this on my next run.The part about the sucrose production is key,,thats the reasoning behind all the bud juices,molassas n such probably
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:37 pm)

Budgie

Post by Budgie »

does get you thinking a bit

Lets say 24 hours light before chop, what actual difference does that extra give that's not already there? The vid says its terpene related, fairy snuff so you get stinkier plants. Are they any 'stronger'

Weird about the cold temps too, surely cold shuts these 'tropical heat loving' plants down and ceases growth? I may well be way off the mark, but don't we usually reduce those hours and light cycle at the end to a) force the 'sensimillia' plants have the last boost of thc/cannabinoid production and stickiness to attract pollen? b) to use up the sugars so it cures quicker and burns smoother?
These users thanked the author Budgie for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:37 pm)
Politicians are like nappies, both should be regularly changed for the same reason

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Nothing about water depravation????pump out more good stuff so no drying out and grab pollen...to many theories to try on one plant.... plus I don't consume the smells(,he said terps in the air) effect over taste/smell for me.amazing how all these different opinions bring us all together
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
Budgie (Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:09 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:37 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Budgie wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:51 pm
does get you thinking a bit

Lets say 24 hours light before chop, what actual difference does that extra give that's not already there? The vid says its terpene related, fairy snuff so you get stinkier plants. Are they any 'stronger'

Weird about the cold temps too, surely cold shuts these 'tropical heat loving' plants down and ceases growth? I may well be way off the mark, but don't we usually reduce those hours and light cycle at the end to a) force the 'sensimillia' plants have the last boost of thc/cannabinoid production and stickiness to attract pollen? b) to use up the sugars so it cures quicker and burns smoother?
I think the idea behind the theory 'plants grow in the dark' has been debunked and they need light to help produce trchs etc.
I only put this up for people to have a think about. I love challenging any 'bro science' we do as growers.

Personally I think whether you harvest after light or dark the affect would be so minimal on a plant that's been maturing for 8 weeks we wouldn't notice.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
Budgie (Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:16 pm)

Budgie

Post by Budgie »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:37 pm
Personally I think whether you harvest after light or dark the affect would be so minimal on a plant that's been maturing for 8 weeks we wouldn't notice.
Exactly.

New trichs? naah, bit more time for existing ones to mature and fill out maybe, they don't appear, phatten out and go cloudy in such a short timescale sureley. If they do, god knows what I've been looking at through the loupe all these years :dazed:
These users thanked the author Budgie for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

heard about it never tryed it there also a bucket of ice idea on top of the roots trick the plant into thinking winters here

No idea if any of them work
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:24 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

MrNice wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:47 pm
heard about it never tryed it there also a bucket of ice idea on top of the roots trick the plant into thinking winters here

No idea if any of them work
That'll just shock the roots surely? Cold temps i guess should work. Also stops the production of chlorophyll (hence why cold night temps brings out the purple in plants - so I've heard anyway)
Learn loads wondering why stuff works and trying to find out. It's like a stoners special power.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 pm) • Budgie (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:34 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

I like that ohlordyeah "stoners special power"
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

well as a general rule to thumb creating the autumn changes during later flowering will bring out hues in the flowers if thats what ya after,e.g watering with ice cubes added so as the water is rather chilly,not tepid kind of shocks the fukas,i myself cant be arsed doing it :rolf: as for lighting 24 hrs for such a short period i doubt it do fuk all :strangling: good luck lordy :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Budgie (Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:34 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”