Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

24/48 hours of light before harvesting

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Re: 24/48 hours of light before harvesting

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

I saw this interview between Chris and Dr Bugbee, it was really good.

Yeah I use to do the 24hrs of dark period about 6yrs ago, until I kind of realized it wasn't really doing anything special so I stopped. I just stick to harvesting the plant first thing in the morning when the lights come on these days. Seems to work.

I really think there is something related to trichome production and having fresh cold air coming in to the tent late in harvest. Just because my plants always come out the best in winter. They just seem to pop when they get fresh cold air late in flower... It could be a form of cold shock/stress. Or I have thought, maybe in summer they are just getting heat stressed more, so I don't see the full expression, that's why in winter they look so much better. Obviously you have to be careful because cold stress is a fine line, if they get too cold they stop growing completely.

Agreed I like Mr Grow it and his other channel "from the stash podcast" thats good too, good grower chat.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:38 am) • ohlordyeah_420 (Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:35 am)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Return to “Cannabis Growing”