Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Biotabs - Mephisto Genetics method for autoflowers

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
KD
Known User

Biotabs - Mephisto Genetics method for autoflowers

Post by KD »

So in my search for info on organic growing, I stumbled across the method that Mephisto Genetics uses in their breeding program using biobizz soil and biotabs.

What you'll need:

20ltr bucket or pot

Biobizz Light Mix

Biobizz All Mix

Biotabs (just the tablets)

Biotabs Bio PK

How they use them:

So what they do is plant in light mix then transplant to full mix but that has a risk of stunting the plants growth, and with autos... That's the last thing we want to do. They've had years of practice doing this.

They also say you can fill large pots with the bottom half Biobizz Full Mix and the top half with Biobizz Light Mix. Then they just use water for the first 2 weeks. At the start of week 3 they add the tabs and continue with just water after that.

Other people on Reddit have adapted this method by using the Biotabs Bio PK too. Once you see the first sign of pistils growing, you wait 2 weeks and at the start of week 3 you add the Bio PK with every watering according to the instructions on the bottle.

The best way to grow weed is to keep things simple and it doesn't get much more simple than this. No need to check PH or EC or mix feeds or anything. Just dechlorinate your water for 24 hours before hand and you have more free time to dial in your environment and do some LST on the ladies.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 4):
Greenfingers (Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:22 am) • Vador (Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:02 pm) • duke (Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:43 pm) • Marcus (Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:04 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Vador
Known User

Re: Biotabs - Mephisto Genetics method for autoflowers

Post by Vador »

I like the sound of this, simple is my middle name.
Was thinking of chucking a couple of cuts out in the greenhouse this year, this looks like it could be an easy way to grow them out.
Thanks for sharing
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
KD (Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:14 pm)
β–‘β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–„β–€β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–‘β–„β–€β–„β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„
β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was β€œwhat am I doing tonight”.

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Vador wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:05 pm
I like the sound of this, simple is my middle name.
Was thinking of chucking a couple of cuts out in the greenhouse this year, this looks like it could be an easy way to grow them out.
Thanks for sharing
I've been using biotabs for years but started getting issues with them with photoperiod plants. I think using the full mix in the bottom and maybe adding more tabs after veg would solve it. I'll eventually use my bokashi compost in the bottom half and see how that works out
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
MrNice (Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:21 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Tryed that KD had 50% top BIOBIZZ light mix soil and bottom 50% Full mix soil still ran into problems

So far for my self the batpoo by house and garden has helped me more
think i need a bigger pot tho 12lts only last bout 3 to 4 weeks before feeding only done autos so far

Think for soil ill stick to the batpoo but will give a coco run ago got a bean on the cooker now so next few weeks see if i can keep it alive ...lol

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

MrNice wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:29 pm
Tryed that KD had 50% top BIOBIZZ light mix soil and bottom 50% Full mix soil still ran into problems

think i need a bigger pot tho 12lts only last bout 3 to 4 weeks before feeding only done autos so far

Think for soil ill stick to the batpoo but will give a coco run ago got a bean on the cooker now so next few weeks see if i can keep it alive ...lol
They say you should use a minimum of 18 ltrs so your pot is probably too small for this to work. Try a bigger pot and see if that helps if you want to try them again. I just started one in an 11 Ltr pot though so fingers crossed I can pull this off
MrNice (Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:32 pm)

The Daze
Known User

Post by The Daze »

Ooo sounds nifty!! May give this a try
These users thanked the author The Daze for the post:
KD (Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:34 pm)
βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ»πŸ’›πŸŒ»πŸŒ±πŸŒ±βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

πŸŒˆπŸ’šπŸŒ»πŸŒ±πŸŒˆ

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

KD wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:01 pm

They say you should use a minimum of 18 ltrs so your pot is probably too small for this to work. Try a bigger pot and see if that helps if you want to try them again. I just started one in an 11 Ltr pot though so fingers crossed I can pull this off
Gona drop 30ltrs of batpoo in a fabric pot next after my coco try KD still got a bag of BIOBIZZ light mix some where
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
KD (Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:34 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Gona drop 30ltrs of batpoo in a fabric pot next after my coco try KD still got a bag of BIOBIZZ light mix some where
Is it just batpoo or is it something like plagron batmix?

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:35 pm

House & Garden Bat Mix Special KD
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
KD (Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:57 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:37 pm
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:35 pm

House & Garden Bat Mix Special KD
I was thinking of getting the Plagron Batmix for the bottom half myself. The seedling soil has done me right so far for the last few years. I'm not sure if the problem I'm having is because the Bactrex turned to goop or because I switched to Monkey Nutes soil but either way, I'm going back to the seedling stuff and ordering stuff fresh, straight from Biotabs themselves. There's no telling how long stuff has sat on shelves from the shops here. πŸ€” Thinking about it now... The last time I used Flora Duo the Bloom was cloudy, but this stuff now is clear! I'm never buying from shops again anyway!
MrNice (Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:07 am)

Return to β€œCannabis Growing”