Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Soil mix ideas.

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Soil mix ideas.

Post by Keeno »

Royal queen have just bought out a pellet they "claim" will feed a plant for 10 weeks in soil. Vertafort I think they are called. If it works could be brilliant for autos in a basic soil like verve.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
ROGER SMITH wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote: Need one of what, mate?
Never heard of Haskins - had to google it.
Sieve I take it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get them anywhere. The Range, Home Bargains, B&M, B&Q, Homebase etc.
Lol yea sorry a sieve. Awesome. I'm close to 3 out them stores

I'm very much enjoy all of this soil talk btw

Any other amendments people make for different stages

@Rodger is your batmix a raw guano or a pre mix soil

@Aspie would you say your ratio of 1 tablespoon per 5l is close to my 1 teaspoon to 1l... it's the same in my head

@All Has anyone had any experience with adding seaweed to soil?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Keeno wrote:Royal queen have just bought out a pellet they "claim" will feed a plant for 10 weeks in soil. Vertafort I think they are called. If it works could be brilliant for autos in a basic soil like verve.
Some offered me "full cycle" soil at 40 quid for a 25l bag. I laughed and said I'd stick with my 7 quid for 125l blend

BB
Known User

Post by BB »

Keeno wrote:Royal queen have just bought out a pellet they "claim" will feed a plant for 10 weeks in soil. Vertafort I think they are called. If it works could be brilliant for autos in a basic soil like verve.
I’ll look that up cheers bud.
I can normally get around 7 weeks out of my verve and bat-special in 15 ltr pots with autos.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

ROGER SMITH wrote:
I can normally get around 7 weeks out of my verve and bat-special in 15 ltr pots with autos.

They do boost pellets for veg flower ect, i started a test grow with them but had to stop unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Keeno wrote:
ROGER SMITH wrote:

They do boost pellets for veg flower ect, i started a test grow with them but had to stop unfortunately

Are they like a slow release pellet like we all dread in miracle grow?

BB
Known User

Soil mix ideas.

Post by BB »

Keeno wrote:
ROGER SMITH wrote:

These pellets none organic I take it.
I’m very much an organic grower

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:So GMO's excellent diary with his guide on how he mixes his soil got me thinking about soil mix (specifically mine!) and what is a good idea to put in there.

I'm new to this growing hobby so thought I'd chuck in what I have learnt during the couple of months since I've started: biobizz all mix is too hot for seedlings and will burn the tips but they pretty much grow out of this.
For my seedlings I use verve seedling soil and some perlite.
When I pot up I was planning on using a 1/3 organic compost, 1/3 biobizz all mix (still got 50l of the stuff to use) and a 1/3 worm castings. With some extra perlite thrown in.
Does this sound OK?
I'll be using plagron guano eventually and canna bio line of nutes and some plant magic calmag if needed.

Any other soil ideas out there?

'free your mind and your ass will follow'
Thanks for the incredibly kind words by the way. I'm really glad your enjoying the diary

Really too kind, gonna make me blush

BB
Known User

Post by BB »

GMOGreen wrote:
ohlordyeah_420 wrote:So GMO's excellent diary with his guide on how he mixes his soil got me thinking about soil mix (specifically mine!) and what is a good idea to put in there.

I'm new to this growing hobby so thought I'd chuck in what I have learnt during the couple of months since I've started: biobizz all mix is too hot for seedlings and will burn the tips but they pretty much grow out of this.
When I pot up I was planning on using a 1/3 organic compost, 1/3 biobizz all mix (still got 50l of the stuff to use) and a 1/3 worm castings. With some extra perlite thrown in.
Does this sound OK?
I'll be using plagron guano eventually and canna bio line of nutes and some plant magic calmag if needed.

Thanks for the incredibly kind words by the way. I'm really glad your enjoying the diary

Or beat one of

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

ROGER SMITH wrote:
GMOGreen wrote:

Does this sound OK?

Or beat one of

It's kinda crazy how much I love dirt

Return to “Cannabis Growing”