Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Growing Sativa outdoors on Koh Samui Thailand

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Hmr81

Re: Growing Sativa outdoors on Koh Samui Thailand

Post by Hmr81 »

@Back Room Farmer is almost on the same lat i think but he is an indoor grower. not sure if he has ever tried out side?
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Back Room Farmer

Post by Back Room Farmer »

Trex wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:52 pm
lol im in Canada , the total opposite of you .

ive found , out in nature. a weed plant will flower no matter the circumstances, it is different then indoors under artificial conditions .

just plant and see what gives . just be careful, Thailand has some of the harshest drug laws on this earth.
Howdy will step in to answer this one real quick then another I was tagged on. Thailand has legalized.

Back Room Farmer

Post by Back Room Farmer »

Hmr81 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:57 pm
@Back Room Farmer is almost on the same lat i think but he is an indoor grower. not sure if he has ever tried out side?
Howdy do, and yes I am very close to the same place as kho samui. I do grow indoors for the very reasons that have been stated already, 1. weather sucks for grow times 2. bugs and pests (tried three different landrace strains and a few other strains outdoors and had major pest problems) 3. lighting doesn't change much. Pretty much 12 12 all year, there are a few months with longer nights but the longer days are during the rainy season sooooooo

With all this in mind and me wanting to be able to have as much control as I could I went indoors and over I guess the last little over a year of learning here, tweaking what I learned to suit the environs here I have become a passable indoor DWC(hydro) grower. I actually stopped growing because I have such a surplus but will start a new grow at the beginning of 2023. I did try indoor mud once, had same issue with pests.

If you are growing for personal use, have good genetics and want total control I recommend indoor growing, and since it is legal there now (hopefully here soon) then I would imagine you could make a great grow space. If you want any help on setup so you don't go through as much money as I did figuring it out let me know.

Return to “Cannabis Growing”