Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

RAM Acoustic Ducting

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

RAM Acoustic Ducting

Post by wutang »

Hey all

I purchased some acoustic ducting as a part of my fan and filter kit.

Has anyone had issues with odor leaks etc? I noticed the inner foil has small holes all over the foil,where as the previous combi ducting was without the inner layer.

Thank you
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 am) • Bulls (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 am) • Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: RAM Acoustic Ducting

Post by Keeno »

I've seen this is acoustic and standard ducting. Its why I moved to combi ducting. There's normally a cellophane type layer on it which should be fine. I've started blowing through all my ducting instead of pulling air through it. The positive pressure means if any leaks develop the positive pressure in the ducting will push out, not drag smelly air into the extraction system. So:

Filter, fan, ducting.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Guest (Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 am) • wutang (Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 am) • Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

I'm not a fan of acoustic ducting, it does work for noise in my opinion but its flimsy on the outside and the foil is oh so easy to tear and then you could get a smelk leak. If noise is an issue the phonic trap ducting is better and the outer shell is alot stronger, and no fibreglass which is nice. The holes in the inner ducting of both acoustic and phonic trap combined with the insulation are there to help quieten the sound of the air moving not to keep the air in, thats the job of the outer layer hence the reason i dont like the acoustic. If you are really worried about leaks and noise you could always put some combi inside of larger diameter acoustic but its going to be a headache to do. I've tried all three and only use phonic trap now but only because i have a hatred of fibreglass and noise is an issue
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 am) • wutang (Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:46 am)

Post by Guest »

wutang wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 am
Hey all

I purchased some acoustic ducting as a part of my fan and filter kit.

Has anyone had issues with odor leaks etc? I noticed the inner foil has small holes all over the foil,where as the previous combi ducting was without the inner layer.

Thank you
I initially used the acountic stuff. It's a pain in the arse to cut, it's a pain in ghe arse to fix to the filters too. So I just use whatever I can find, I found some black stuff that doesn't stand out if anyone ever catches a glimse from the light/reflection.

I do pretty much what Keeno said.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
wutang (Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 am) • Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Keeno wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 am
I've seen this is acoustic and standard ducting. Its why I moved to combi ducting. There's normally a cellophane type layer on it which should be fine. I've started blowing through all my ducting instead of pulling air through it. The positive pressure means if any leaks develop the positive pressure in the ducting will push out, not drag smelly air into the extraction system. So:

Filter, fan, ducting.
Thanks Keeno

I thought that was the correct way for extraction; i.e.

Filter > Fan > Ducting, where the fan is sucking air from the filter and then sending it out through the ducting.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:47 am)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Take a look at the phonic trap ducting. Way better in my opinion.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
Nom (Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:47 am) • Guest (Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”