Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

mixing hermies and none hermies

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
treesurgeon

mixing hermies and none hermies

Post by treesurgeon »

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help :) I flipped some bag seed GG4 X GSC which have unfortunately put out a few seeds themselves. Nothing too bad, they're continuing to fatten up and are hella frosty, but i'm seeing a seed or so on every other cola they're at day 42 and maybe 2 weeks from chop, i've just started flushing them.

I've got two GMO's ready to flip and I want to put them in with the glookies now whilst they're finishing. I don't forsee the GMO's to have really started flowering after 14 days and expect them to be just finishing stretching when i come to chop the hermies - so how unadvisable is this? I don't see any naners so i don't see why there should be any pollen? And if they did put out any pollen would it have already happened by now?

Pretty long winded and thanks in advance :)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: mixing hermies and none hermies

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes its not advisable, tbh iff theirs any viable pollen around well it may pollinate the newer plants. I take your point about no nanners, but its still a risk, that pollen stuff is like covid19 and their could possibly be a bit hanging around in the air. On a brighter note, if a very little bit did pollinate the plant in any area, then im pretty sure it would be just a few seeds or so and only in those areas pollinated and not the whole plant. When ive pollinated a certain area (small bud) once before on a flowering plant to make a few seeds it was only said area that grew seeds.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
treesurgeon (Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

treesurgeon

Post by treesurgeon »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 pm
Yes its not advisable, tbh iff theirs any viable pollen around well it may pollinate the newer plants. I take your point about no nanners, but its still a risk, that pollen stuff is like covid19 and their could possibly be a bit hanging around in the air. On a brighter note, if a very little bit did pollinate the plant in any area, then im pretty sure it would be just a few seeds or so and only in those areas pollinated and not the whole plant. When ive pollinated a certain area (small bud) once before on a flowering plant to make a few seeds it was only said area that grew seeds.
Hello mate and thanks for the response. Will there have even been any pollen since it's a hermie? I thought (forgive my lack of knowledge), that when hermie'ing they just put seeds out? Bag seeds are bag seeds for a reason such as stress and pass their genetics down right?

Probably only got half the story don't I :P

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

treesurgeon wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:53 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 pm
Hello mate and thanks for the response. Will there have even been any pollen since it's a hermie? I thought (forgive my lack of knowledge), that when hermie'ing they just put seeds out? Bag seeds are bag seeds for a reason such as stress and pass their genetics down right?

Probably only got half the story don't I :P
They still need to pollinate themselves so pollen is needed basically along lines Marcus has explained. I`m not a fan of your idea either i`d be getting them out of the room and cleaning it good style before adding more plants

You may find a shed load more seeds inside buds when your chop and start smoking weed cus the dammage has been done inside plant by nanners that are covered in pollen

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”