Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How do you all flip from Veg to Flower?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

How do you all flip from Veg to Flower?

Post by wutang »

Hey

I am growing my first photo, and was wondering how you guys flip yours from Veg to Flower, in terms of light schedule and maybe other factors too?

I did try and search 'flip' and 'how to how to flip' but got a mixture of results with @flip mentioned everywhere or when someone was talking about flip height! So I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Peace
Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:12 am) • Guest (Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:18 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: How do you all flip from Veg to Flower?

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Not yet

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
wutang (Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:30 am) • 2-Scoops (Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:44 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I've been in veg for like 10 weeks...things kept getting delayed. Tents out of stock everywhere etc. I've LST for the first time too so thats kept them at decent height. Did a lot of defol too, one of the plants got leaf spots of leaf septoria or whatever its called.

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

wutang wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:32 am
I've been in veg for like 10 weeks...things kept getting delayed. Tents out of stock everywhere etc. I've LST for the first time too so thats kept them at decent height. Did a lot of defol too, one of the plants got leaf spots of leaf septoria or whatever its called.
Can we see pictures? Im lame i like to let them sit in the dark for a day before going 12/12.. i have 0 scientific reasoning for this tho so ehhh yah
These users thanked the author camkush for the post:
wutang (Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:16 am)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

wutang wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:54 pm
Hey

I am growing my first photo, and was wondering how you guys flip yours from Veg to Flower, in terms of light schedule and maybe other factors too?

I did try and search 'flip' and 'how to how to flip' but got a mixture of results with @flip mentioned everywhere or when someone was talking about flip height! So I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Peace
Wu
Hey bro,

I guess the technical term for flip, is changing the internal biorhythm of the plant, that's what your doing when changing the lights from vegetative cycle(18hrs on 6 off) to a flower/cycle (12hrs or less).

Some things I tend to keep in mind going before the plant goes into bloom/flower:
- Make sure you plant is in her final pot;
- Do the majority of all your defoliation in veg (you can do it in flower but it can be a stressor);
- Make sure the plant is healthy if possible (a sick plant may not yield full capacity);
- Make sure the plant has veged for long enough, before going into flower (unless you want smaller plants in flower);
- Take any clones in veg (people do this differently, I prefer taking clones in veg);

Good luck bro :Stoned:
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Cheers @camkush and @Cave Hill Cole

I have never taken clones, that's a new world that I haven't explored yet. My grows are on and off, not continuous so I just grow from seed.

Thanks for the tips

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Something I'd consider before flipping the plants in flower is to be absolutely healhty. You don't want to be dealing with deficiencies during the flowering as it might affect your final quality and quantity :Stoned: Once you get used to growing in your space you will know exactly when to flip your plants. I know they usually double in size during the first 2 weeks of flowering(during the stretch phase) so I always allow room for that.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
wutang (Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:58 am
I just change my timer to 12/12 and start feeding them bloom grub.

:idn:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 am) • wutang (Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I change everything feed from day 1 flower by adding PK 13/14 in coco. Ive found the plants seem to get into true flowers faster.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
wutang (Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Keeno wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 am
I change everything feed from day 1 flower by adding PK 13/14 in coco. Ive found the plants seem to get into true flowers faster.
I'm on my first soil grow with these using Biobiz Grow and Bloom. So I guess I'll just just induce it by extending the dark period from 6 to 12 and go from there and the next feed with Bloom, or maybe wait till feed day and then flip. I guess its a learning curve regardless. Cheeers @Keeno

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”