Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Advanced nutrients and feed questions

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
potentcheesydick

Advanced nutrients and feed questions

Post by potentcheesydick »

Why do advanced nutrients have so many different bottles, is this stuff snake oil/a con or do they deliver better results.. Just seems odd when every other reputable brand have only a few and these bottles are so many and advertised with brightly coloured cartoons, y need to make bottle look more attractive if product is sound.. There are two main different advanced nutrients I've seen and one is micro grow and bloom and it has a gorilla on front of bottle, the npk are very low and highest value is 2 or 3, other is ones like bud candy, voodoo juice etc., anyone any experience with using this brand feed?

My friend grew a sweet tooth seed to flower and didn't flush and because he thought it wasn't going to grow any more he chopped it and let me smell it, was good at first but when left to dry on radiator it smelled like chinky bud, or salt or something chemically maybe slightly peppery ammonia-like, might not be ammonia but not sure, why is this, he used advanced nutrients and I am assuming its those nutes and no flush or cure but what could it be?

What are some really good mix and match nutrients u can use together in combination with either hydro or soil if money is not an issue and you wish to get the most out of a feed? Liquid silicone, pk 13/14, cannaboost, rocks resinator, humic fulvic acid, (highest npk value gro/bloom feeds) etc.
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
Guest (Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:37 am)
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Advanced nutrients and feed questions

Post by Josh »

potentcheesydick wrote:Why do advanced nutrients have so many different bottles, is this stuff snake oil/a con or do they deliver better results.. Just seems odd when every other reputable brand have only a few and these bottles are so many and advertised with brightly coloured cartoons, y need to make bottle look more attractive if product is sound.. There are two main different advanced nutrients I've seen and one is micro grow and bloom and it has a gorilla on front of bottle, the npk are very low and highest value is 2 or 3, other is ones like bud candy, voodoo juice etc., anyone any experience with using this brand feed?

My friend grew a sweet tooth seed to flower and didn't flush and because he thought it wasn't going to grow any more he chopped it and let me smell it, was good at first but when left to dry on radiator it smelled like chinky bud, or salt or something chemically maybe slightly peppery ammonia-like, might not be ammonia but not sure, why is this, he used advanced nutrients and I am assuming its those nutes and no flush or cure but what could it be?

What are some really good mix and match nutrients u can use together in combination with either hydro or soil if money is not an issue and you wish to get the most out of a feed? Liquid silicone, pk 13/14, cannaboost, rocks resinator, humic fulvic acid, (highest npk value gro/bloom feeds) etc.
If you're in the US I'd highly suggest looking into Jack's professional

Lots of different formulas to choose from

I'm sure there's something equivalent everywhere though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
potentcheesydick (Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

While I haven't used that line many good lines will have many possible bottles. There will be the kinda "core" needed stuff and other bottles meant for addressing deficiencies, or enhancements. You should start slow and simple and get to know a line before just buying it all up.
That crappy ammonia smell taste was likely caused by the attempt to quick dry on a heat source drying on a radiator is literally a way to get all the crap smell taste and ruin the good. For that last bit on getting the most out of a feed I'll again suggest to slow down a bit can be easy to burn a plant trying to push it if you're not familiar with the line. If you try to push anyway, be sure to have not only ph meter but a meter for ppm. Just my personal opinion see what others suggest, good luck and happy growing.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 4):
Josh (Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:46 am) • potentcheesydick (Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 am) • GMO (Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:56 am) • camkush (Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:08 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Trex

Post by Trex »

I would dump advanced nutrients and go with Remo Nutrients at half the cost my friend .

Remo has a 7 part system but you can omit the additives tbh . I use them all as i buy 10L as a packaged deal every 3-4 months .

Use Micro Bloom and Grow as your bases and get the Velokelp , the Astroflower pk booster you can do without also . Im not a fan of any pk boosting at all they cause far more trouble then they are worth ... and for Natures Candy you can use good quality blackstrap molasses 2 times a week and voila

all 4 in gallons , shouldnt cost more then 200$ Canadian and youll he set fir a very good while depending on anount of plants , say 4 plants , i rekon it lasted me a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 2):
camkush (Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:07 pm) • potentcheesydick (Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 pm)

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

I have a friend that is on here who uses them. Lemme make a call and have him pop on the thread. He has the entire lineup of their products. @Shwazy710

Their lineup confuses the fuck out of me.
These users thanked the author camkush for the post (total 2):
potentcheesydick (Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 pm) • MrNice (Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:56 pm)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Shwazy710

Post by Shwazy710 »

I’m actually running the Nectar of the Gods 7 part line up. It’s a calcium based organic line. I’m also using their ph up and down. I’m very satisfied with my results thus far. Also, you can reach out to the company and they will send you a free sample of the line up all you have to do is cover shipping cost, pretty sweet deal for what you get. I have heard good things about advanced nutrients, As far as I know flushing is a must being it is not organic. From what I’ve seen the Micro, Grow, Bloom, and Bud Candy are all most people use from the line. Hope this helps!

These users thanked the author Shwazy710 for the post:
potentcheesydick (Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 pm)

potentcheesydick

Advanced nutrients are good then, a friend uses sensi grow and bloom and voodoo juice and swears by it this good also? I just never trusted the bright pictures on bottle lol good to know they are decent,

would you need to flush with canna nutrients also I take it?

why is pk 13/14 booster a hassle?

potentcheesydick

Trex wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm
I would dump advanced nutrients and go with Remo Nutrients at half the cost my friend .

Remo has a 7 part system but you can omit the additives tbh . I use them all as i buy 10L as a packaged deal every 3-4 months .

Use Micro Bloom and Grow as your bases and get the Velokelp , the Astroflower pk booster you can do without also . Im not a fan of any pk boosting at all they cause far more trouble then they are worth ... and for Natures Candy you can use good quality blackstrap molasses 2 times a week and voila

all 4 in gallons , shouldnt cost more then 200$ Canadian and youll he set fir a very good while depending on anount of plants , say 4 plants , i rekon it lasted me a year

What does remo cover micro or macro nutrients, do u mean use remo alongside advanced nutrients as boosters? I just googled and saw how cheap it is
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
Trex (Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:59 am)

potentcheesydick

Josh wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:56 am
potentcheesydick wrote:Why do advanced nutrients have so many different bottles, is this stuff snake oil/a con or do they deliver better results.. Just seems odd when every other reputable brand have only a few and these bottles are so many and advertised with brightly coloured cartoons, y need to make bottle look more attractive if product is sound.. There are two main different advanced nutrients I've seen and one is micro grow and bloom and it has a gorilla on front of bottle, the npk are very low and highest value is 2 or 3, other is ones like bud candy, voodoo juice etc., anyone any experience with using this brand feed?

If you're in the US I'd highly suggest looking into Jack's professional

Lots of different formulas to choose from

I'm sure there's something equivalent everywhere though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Would this be suitable for hydro only for grow phase or would the excess nitrogen make for too much even if stop using before flower 25 just having a look into different kinds of nutes urs seems interesting

Trex

Post by Trex »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Trex wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm

What does remo cover micro or macro nutrients, do u mean use remo alongside advanced nutrients as boosters? I just googled and saw how cheap it is
no , on its own , 7 bottle line up . not all are necessary though

Grapefruit Banner Pheno Finder Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”