Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

curing question

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
potentcheesydick

Re: curing question

Post by potentcheesydick »

Defos still moist in middle bounces back on outside partially but most middle stays squashed 👍 I'm more worried about over drying during the week long air dry time and stem snapped and cracked but stayed attached, I don't have anything to compare the buds dryness to so I can better judge so I'm going btr safe thn sorry, should the buds feel mostly dry whilst curing and next to no moisture in middle because I still feel the outside of the bud is dryer than it should be but I could be fully tripping
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

Post by Guest »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:31 pm
It's a smooth smoke just tastes very plain it cured for 9 days as i read you e to burp it for an hour but hadnt taken into consideration the dryer air in room, was grown w organic bottled nutes and I still have 5 colas on the plant I chopped the other colas from, those are the ones that have the terp smell can't afford to fk this one up, any better tips for burping, if u could I'd leave it unopened for a few days at a time and take them out for 10 mins to let air get to it as I don't see the point in leaving it out that's why it went dry too fast, will use trim for next one, I agree boveda leaves a smell on ur bud, maybe not if enough terpenes present tho im not sure
It's not you're burping that will change the terps now. I like to dry under 15 degrees myself, more like 10 degrees is better, thej absolutely no lights and around 50% RH. High temps, light and low humidity will strip the plant of any terpenes. Think the smell you get as an esential oil, or solvent; if you leave a solvent around in room temperature it will burn off and evaporate quite quickly.

Drying is an art form that hard to master. It's taking me a good few attempts to get it right, so don't dishearten yourself over it. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
potentcheesydick (Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

potentcheesydick

I tried curing in fridge before but wasn't sure if the heat of the room made moisture in the jar when opened due to glass being cold and made bud damp or I just didn't dry for a whole week, is there that risk of putting moisture back into bud if curing in fridge or does that not matter for so long? Good thing I tried curing colas separately I knew I wasn't getting this right first time

I thought burping daily was crucial for ammonia not to build up would I be kl to leave if for say 4-5 days to evenly distribute moisture?
These users thanked the author potentcheesydick for the post:
Guest (Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:51 pm)

Post by Guest »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:59 am
I tried curing in fridge before but wasn't sure if the heat of the room made moisture in the jar when opened due to glass being cold and made bud damp or I just didn't dry for a whole week, is there that risk of putting moisture back into bud if curing in fridge or does that not matter for so long? Good thing I tried curing colas separately I knew I wasn't getting this right first time

I thought burping daily was crucial for ammonia not to build up would I be kl to leave if for say 4-5 days to evenly distribute moisture?
It's all about breaking down starches into sugars. You're trying to get rid of that green taasting, chlorohphyll sort of taste and smell.

The fridge thing is personal preference I think. Where I am it is an old damp place. If you put it in the fridge you have to wrap it up very, very well or you'll pick up moisture and also tastes and smells coming from the food in you're fridge. From what I know, mould likes heat and humidity to thrive.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
potentcheesydick (Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:23 pm)

potentcheesydick

Even in a glass jar?, for curiosity if chlorophyll stops breaking down when it gets too dry even when you rehydrate it is that because the plants still somewhat alive whilst adequate moisture is present and that's how they break it down?

On a scale of 1-10 1 being straight damp 10 being born dry where would u say the moisture of bud needs to be whilst curing lol?

potentcheesydick

So some moisture in middle of bud is okay then

potentcheesydick

Try to get it to read 62 to know if its dry enough to start curing and anything over there is still moisture and needs air dried still?

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”