Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Raising humitidity

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Czechitout

Raising humitidity

Post by Czechitout »

High,I’m having some humidity issues,levels around 45%/50% inside my basement type room,temps are good @25-28c with led lights,the room is underground in praha,(usually cooler than the uk) insulated and mylared,I need to use a heater or the temps drop to 12-15c!
I’m nearly in week 4 using autopot xls on a 20/4 light cycle, I was using a fan heater but changed that for a plug in radiator this evening hopefully this will help,but was hoping for some tips or suggestions from the experts to raise them levels..

Btw how do I post a pic?
Thanks teve
These users thanked the author Czechitout for the post:
Bulls (Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
TTL
Known User

Re: Raising humitidity

Post by TTL »

Hey Czechitout, welcome to the forum! You need ten posts before you can post pictures. It’s to keep spammers from spamming pics. What size is your room?
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
Guest (Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:18 pm) • Czechitout (Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:38 am)

Post by Guest »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:25 pm
That humidity level is cool. :oik!: Don't sweat it.

EDIT - scroll down to the chart, or you can get a laser thermometer and read the leaf temp and punch it into the calculator.

But as a baseline, keep it in the zones. (sort of if you can) :oik!:

EDIT NUMBER 2...

Would help if i posted the linky.

https://www.dimluxlighting.com/knowledg ... alculator/

:bang head:

:dance:

EDITNUMBER £ - SPeeling mistakes. :oik!:
I'm with @Marcus on this one. I'd be well happy with that figure. I'm at 80% in mine and I'm half way through flower 🙈

Maybe just ensure you keep watering after the medium dries out a little.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Use hps lighting next grow, get those temps up and lower that humidity, hps lighting for winter months and led during those summer months is what i say. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:29 pm) • wutang (Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:57 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

You got some nice stats in there mate. I wouldn't be worried. Roll a joint a chillax :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Guest (Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:29 pm)

Czechitout

Post by Czechitout »

TTL wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:11 pm
Hey Czechitout, welcome to the forum! You need ten posts before you can post pictures. It’s to keep spammers from spamming pics. What size is your room?
The room is 1:5 x 1.7 x 1.7 , 2 meters underground! Stable temp all year(cool 12c)
The radiator has helped humidity is up a little.
I remember my mum used to hang ceramic things ? Full of water on her radiators , haven’t seen them in years.
Judging by the replies I guess my levels aren’t too bad. Seen lots of vids saying it should be higher, so much conflicting information out there,so I’ll have to wait and see.

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Czechitout wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:54 am
TTL wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:11 pm
The room is 1:5 x 1.7 x 1.7 , 2 meters underground! Stable temp all year(cool 12c)
The radiator has helped humidity is up a little.
I remember my mum used to hang ceramic things ? Full of water on her radiators , haven’t seen them in years.
Judging by the replies I guess my levels aren’t too bad. Seen lots of vids saying it should be higher, so much conflicting information out there,so I’ll have to wait and see.
my room also sit at around 52% RH , it goesup a little after they been watered, temps are at 27c

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Hmr81 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm
temps and RH look ok to me, i run in a shed with only 160cm in height so always use LED's even in the winter(if i had 2m i would go hps in the winter). im running like 45-60% rh most of the time and 24-28c temp wise.
I'm about the same in Veg, humidity has been really low with lights on - plants seem ok, apart from a bohoo I made by overwatering the Silver Shining Haze. It has been almost a week and hasn't fully recovered. I wacked one of those nappy mat things that absorb water. Don't think it helped though. Live and learn baby

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”