Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

beginning of mould on soil im sure after 5 months..

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
potentcheesydick

Re: beginning of mould on soil im sure after 5 months..

Post by potentcheesydick »

Image at last
Gee me dope, Joanna.. :roll:

Post by Guest »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Image at last
I wouldn't say anything looked bad there. If it started to look grey or green mould then I'd worry. If that was the case I'd have just sprinkled some neem cake into the soil. Apparently Mycelia converts sugars and starches into other complex molecules. So I would suspect it helps the micobiome as they feed off the roots "Exudates" in order to find the plant the correct food source. Exudates are like glucose which is a form of sugar.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

potentcheesydick

So the adding of white granulated sugar alongside the feed I've been doing can only be beneficial?, I've never heard of neem cake I thought anything starchy would cause blue mould, as long as the mycelium is present in the soil it will feed off of it rather than allowing the bad bacteria to thrive, so what about white bread crumbs and white sugar alongside a feed?

potentcheesydick

Just googled neem cake and it wasn't the type of cake I thought u meant lol

Post by Guest »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:42 pm
Just googled neem cake and it wasn't the type of cake I thought u meant lol
https://www.greenhandorganic.com/buy-no ... 5bbe65dd79

I wouldn't ever use spray or any oil based need I've heard too many bad things. But this is OK in the soil/medium.

Post by Guest »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm
So the adding of white granulated sugar alongside the feed I've been doing can only be beneficial?, I've never heard of neem cake I thought anything starchy would cause blue mould, as long as the mycelium is present in the soil it will feed off of it rather than allowing the bad bacteria to thrive, so what about white bread crumbs and white sugar alongside a feed?
I wouldn't go adding any kind of normal sugar. That will be processed.

I never use anything processed, that contains any chemicals and it must be natural/organic with absolutely zero preservatives.

Only sugars I would add are an "Unsulphured Black Strap Mollasses"

The Supreme Weeder

Post by The Supreme Weeder »

potentcheesydick wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm
Might be worth trying barley flour as the chitinase breaks down pathogenic fungi cell walls or aloe which has antifungicidal properties bro
I haven't been this excited since my last rocket test!

The Supreme Weeder

Temps and wet conditions can sometimes cause algae too, what colour is this mould mate

potentcheesydick

No preservatives but definitely processed will avoid this from now on, cheers weeder will keep tht in mind in case mate and it looks either white or grey under light but lights colour made it hard to tell for certain, lights are off will need to wait until tomorrow but the first mould that came was white cobweb

The Supreme Weeder

White cobwebby type stuff sounds like mycelium as mentioned by someone up the thread. See what the daylight shows.

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”