Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Light Leaks

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Re: Light Leaks

Post by wutang »

I might just entering flowering in this one and try some lst
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:09 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Minty wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:53 pm
Hmr81 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:47 am
I dont see it as a problem tbh, star light and moon ligjt exist in the wild.
I find this interesting as even though there is obviously light from the moon outside does that mean the moon light is not a leak? i.e. we don't really know what effect this is having and in the wild it wouldn't be a problem if the plants got seeds as that is mother natures plan no?

:idn:

Probably better to rule out the leak if possible but I would certainly ignore pin holes in the tent stitching (for me at least as my grow is in a dark loft most of the time anyway).

On the same subject does anyone know if it needs to be a constant light leak or would say a flash of light (from a torch, camera flash etc) cause the same issues as a 'more constant' source of light?
literally answered my opinion on this as you posted your post. I think the introduction of a new source of light during flower would be a issue, but a constant source of light through not so much. How does a plant know what is pitch black from a tent or a night sky with a moon in it. Also how much variation is there in a full moon to a cloud covered evening.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
wutang (Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm) • Elijah Growz (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:06 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:01 pm
You can bookmark your own threads or any treads you like, or have I got my wires crossed?
Yea but I have to remember to do that as well - not got a problem with subscribing to other peoples threads or just bookmarking something interesting etc. but still think the default should be that you are automatically subscribed to your own threads and you can then unsubscribe if needed. Just my 2 cents.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Elijah Growz (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:11 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

when i stand inside my chamber lights off .... its like im down the pit !! i`d be lucky to find my way out :idn:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:20 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:25 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I thought I'd replied, but clearly not. Think Ive found the setting on the user control panel. Will have to see when I create a new topic

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Lots of great answers here. A full moon at it's brightest only it's the ground at about 200 lux. That's nothing :) Trust me it doesn't take a lot of light to upset things. Pin prick holes probably won't do a lot buy opening the door and letting a dim light flood in might.

Just pop a bit of gaffer tape on the holes. If you want something a bit better, you can buy a patch kit online for a few quid. I think Secret Jardin sell one called "patchit"
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
wutang (Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:53 pm) • Minty (Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:48 pm
Lots of great answers here. A full moon at it's brightest only it's the ground at about 200 lux. That's nothing :) Trust me it doesn't take a lot of light to upset things. Pin prick holes probably won't do a lot buy opening the door and letting a dim light flood in might.

Just pop a bit of gaffer tape on the holes. If you want something a bit better, you can buy a patch kit online for a few quid. I think Secret Jardin sell one called "patchit"
Cheers for your reply...

I'm just waiting for a new tent to come back in stock, so i may just hold fire and veg it out for a bit longer.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

wutang wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:58 pm
seymore_budz wrote:

Cheers for your reply...

I'm just waiting for a new tent to come back in stock, so i may just hold fire and veg it out for a bit longer.
You might be waiting a while as there's a bit of a shortage in the UK. If you want one now Hydrogarden are still shipping lighthouse tents. They do a cheap and a quality version. They pretty good too. And you won't hear me say that about many hydrogarden products :lol:
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
wutang (Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:04 pm) • Minty (Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:01 pm
wutang wrote:
seymore_budz wrote:

Cheers for your reply...

You might be waiting a while as there's a bit of a shortage in the UK. If you want one now Hydrogarden are still shipping lighthouse tents. They do a cheap and a quality version. They pretty good too. And you won't hear me say that about many hydrogarden products :lol:
I really wanted the budbox white, but I was disappointed in the quality, poor powder coating on bars with some bars already rusted on arrival. I've heard good things about the GQ tents but most retailers still recommended budbox.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

wutang wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:06 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:01 pm
wutang wrote:

Cheers for your reply...

I really wanted the budbox white, but I was disappointed in the quality, poor powder coating on bars with some bars already rusted on arrival. I've heard good things about the GQ tents but most retailers still recommended budbox.
Greenqube are great tents. A few growshops I've visited have complained about having a few mistakes like missing poles and defects like zips broken and other things but I think you're going to get that where ever you go.

Budbox are normally pretty good. You may have received old stock maybe or one that has been stored somewhere damp for quite a while? TBH, GreenQube, budbox pro & lighthouse max are all pretty similar.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”