Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

NEW GROWER GOT QUESTIONS

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
420_NORTH_EAST

Re: NEW GROWER GOT QUESTIONS

Post by 420_NORTH_EAST »

grumpygrower wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:08 pm
Hello 420_NORTH_EAST,

Welcome to the forum. Your plants look awesome BTW! Well done for getting them so far on a small amount of watts. I feel as if you've pushed it as far as you can now and you'll need to increase the light to maximise production.

I would advise against using the U.V bulb. 15w sounds like a little but you'd be supprised how dangerous they are. Plants don't use a lot of U.V so there's little/zero gain and lots of risk.

What size is your growing area?
thanks for that ill keep away from the uv light and im trying to get a ballast. atm i just have a diy wardrobe its 2ft8x1ft75 and its 5ft7 high whilst im still using low watt light
Last edited by 420_NORTH_EAST on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

420_NORTH_EAST

Post by 420_NORTH_EAST »

Hmr81 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm
Powerful light odd you can't get a ballast. If u were un uk I've got one im not using lol
i am from the uk, i live in county durham north east haha :roll:

420_NORTH_EAST

Post by 420_NORTH_EAST »

Hmr81 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:50 pm
Well I have a 600w blast if you need one lol
where in uk you at?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

just a heads up, if you're going to pop that 600w HPS light in that area this time of year you're going to need some beefy extraction to remove all that heat. If you have a little cash to spend, check out the IS LED range. 40% less HVAC and amazing power. Trust me you'll do much better than throwing a big ol hot 600w HPS in your cupboard and the LED will pay for itself in no time. Good luck with whatever path you decide to take mafren :fist:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

420_NORTH_EAST

Post by 420_NORTH_EAST »

grumpygrower wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:27 pm
just a heads up, if you're going to pop that 600w HPS light in that area this time of year you're going to need some beefy extraction to remove all that heat. If you have a little cash to spend, check out the IS LED range. 40% less HVAC and amazing power. Trust me you'll do much better than throwing a big ol hot 600w HPS in your cupboard and the LED will pay for itself in no time. Good luck with whatever path you decide to take mafren :fist:
yeah i understand that ill give some other lights a look just on abit of a tight budget atm :bang head:

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

420_NORTH_EAST wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:35 pm
grumpygrower wrote:
yeah i understand that ill give some other lights a look just on abit of a tight budget atm :bang head:
yea man I hear you. I've been there many times in my life. I've even climbed up lampposts and "borrowed" the 70w HPS units they run :lol: I'm just saying, if it gets too hot, you could end up with sub par results and a big electric bill to pay.

420_NORTH_EAST

Post by 420_NORTH_EAST »

grumpygrower wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm
420_NORTH_EAST wrote:
grumpygrower wrote:
yea man I hear you. I've been there many times in my life. I've even climbed up lampposts and "borrowed" the 70w HPS units they run :lol: I'm just saying, if it gets too hot, you could end up with sub par results and a big electric bill to pay.
haha now thats a sneaky way haha see ive never grown with lights before ive grew a few little autoflowers on windowsill but thats it so all advice is helpful thankyou
These users thanked the author 420_NORTH_EAST for the post:
seymore_budz (Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

UV WILL ALSO GIVE YOU SKIN CANCER IN NO TIME- AVOID ..
and it also fucks your retinas up.

get yourseld a nice tent set up, fan filter etc and you wont look back
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
420_NORTH_EAST (Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 pm)

fab200819

Post by fab200819 »

grumpygrower wrote:
420_NORTH_EAST wrote:
grumpygrower wrote:
Just to jump in a second can you get 12 V set ups as I have a wind turbine and little bit of solar and a couple of leisure batteries I’d like to not have to pay any more as I’ve paid to create some electricity and where would be a cheap place to get them. Please and thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

welcome along dude

did you get your lighting sorted?
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
420_NORTH_EAST (Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”