Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying Racking/Netting.

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Drying Racking/Netting.

Post by MrNice »

In theory, the darkness before harvest just stresses the plant which in turn will make the plant think it's near the end of it's life, if the plant has not be pollinated then it will increase resin production to make itself more sticky to get male pollen to stick to it.
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Guest (Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:37 pm)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

MrNice wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm
In theory, the darkness before harvest just stresses the plant which in turn will make the plant think it's near the end of it's life, if the plant has not be pollinated then it will increase resin production to make itself more sticky to get male pollen to stick to it.
Sorry MRnice but I disagree the dark will def not make it produce more oils, it might get to think shit ive not been pollinated and grow some nana's to seed its self. When a plant struggles to find abit jizz of a male plant it can often try to pollinate its self this is true with many plants not just canna. If you take a plant to long in flower this can often happen but tbh its not a real biggie if your at the end anyway. A few seeds in your smoke will not harm you lol.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
MrNice (Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:04 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ive dried with lights on and with lights off and never noticed a single iota of difference in the bud.
ive also chopped just before lights on, and just before lights off- the difference iin the buds was exactly - zero..
There is a lot of stuff written about drying and curing , and I don't believe half of it....

A mate of mine defies all the "experts", and dries his bud in about 3 days, with heat in the tent etc, completely against all, the supposed wisdom, and his weed always smells and smokes really really well, not at all like hay, (like it would, if i tried it) and smokes great too. maybe hes lucky?

Im too scared to risk it, even tho ive seen it work for him, and I dry mine slowly, over about 10 days normally, with temps around 18-20. I just do it this way, because it works for me, so why change.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 4):
Greenfingers (Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:45 pm) • Elijah Growz (Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:57 pm) • MrNice (Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:05 pm) • Sparks (Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I usually chop as and when possible. Sometimes Is during their lights off...sometimes it's when the lights been already on. But never leave 24 hrs darkness. Thought I did try it once. Find no difference?! Good flush is important, and proper curing. Sometimes can't fight the weather. My last crop was dried for almost 3 full days. Stinks like feck! :Stoned:

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”