Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

999 I need a sparky!

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Minty
Respected Member

Re: 999 I need a sparky!

Post by Minty »

What driver is it Captain? Take a picture of the label on that driver box mate so I can tell you which circuit it needs. Looks like a constant current one from the pic which would be the series wiring diagrams on the left hand side(s) above.

And don't lay the light face down with the LED Diodes hitting the surface. They are not protected so could damage if placed LED side down. Just be careful with it mate. keep them like you do in the photo or back in the bubble wrap / box.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Beef

Post by Beef »

captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Beef wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Ta for that so the bare wires push into panels and the bare outlet wires go into the blocks? I'll watch that video before I do it. .

Great Googly Moogly
Yes Capt, you've got this! Good luck!
[/quote]

+ i need a bit of wire to link 2 panels... ? stiff stuff or floppy wire do ? :idn:
[/quote]

Stiff single core wire would be better imo but any wire of a similar size to the wires youve got would work
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man....

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Minty wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Rite o I decided I'm gonna wire it myself . This is how I see it? Wires! But there's no block connector to join the output side? Or do I just twist them together and insulation tape them? Also where do the driver go? .

Great Googly Moogly
How do you want it wired Captain? Do you want the main wire coming out of the middle of that light panel or at either one of the ends?
Beef wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:59 am
Capt...this picture is how to wire it....the two wires you have with bare ends connect to the board and the bits with the connector on connect to the driver. Brown to the + and blue to the - (the boards should be configured so the terminals are opposite/next to each other). You will also need a piece of link wire as shown in MrNice's drawing to complete the circuit - 1 wire connecting from + on one board to - on the other board. The connectors are all push connectors so joining the 2 wires together is easy...just push brown to brown and blue to blue. On the board, they are push fit too..push the wire through the little hole in the plastic and the metal tension grip should hold it in place.

The other side is just a connector for the mains so the brown to the brown the blue to blue and the green/yellow one to the green/yellow one (put the end caps over the wires first so then screw it together once wired then wires nice and sealed).

Then take pictures before plugging in. hope this helps!
This is spot on, basically what you need to do.

But it makes it easier to give advice if we know where you would prefer the main lead going to the driver (if you want this located outside the room etc) or just the main lead going to the wall.

I.e. the following diagrams show the FOUR different ways of wiring those two panels:-

ImageImage

Once we know this we can give you an exact wiring plan to be able to get that up and running mate.

Sorry, I wasn't subscribed to this and missed the updates.
Minty wrote:What driver is it Captain? Take a picture of the label on that driver box mate so I can tell you which circuit it needs. Looks like a constant current one from the pic which would be the series wiring diagrams on the left hand side(s) above.

And don't lay the light face down with the LED Diodes hitting the surface. They are not protected so could damage if placed LED side down. Just be careful with it mate. keep them like you do in the photo or back in the bubble wrap / box.
Beef wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Beef wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Ta for that so the bare wires push into panels and the bare outlet wires go into the blocks? I'll watch that video before I do it. .

Great Googly Moogly
Yes Capt, you've got this! Good luck!
+ i need a bit of wire to link 2 panels... ? stiff stuff or floppy wire do ? :idn:
[/quote]

Stiff single core wire would be better imo but any wire of a similar size to the wires youve got would work[/quote]I'll be doing it Sunday hopefully if polly pulls her finger out . Ta BTW for that ^^^^^.

Great Googly Moogly

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

You don't need any additional wire Capt - what they have sent you is plenty - once you decide where you want the lead coming from we will just following the diagram above and you can cut the solid core wire they have given you to join the two panels and connect the driver - the solid wires look like they have a terminal block already on them for the driver side - the led panel side is just a push in fit once you strip back a little insulation.

Take a picture of the driver - the metal box label

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Show me the driver label and pick top middle or bottom for the lead exit point and we can narrow down the wiring diagrams to ONE

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:Show me the driver label and pick top middle or bottom for the lead exit point and we can narrow down the wiring diagrams to ONE
I'll get it all out Sunday then wire it Minty

Great Googly Moogly

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 pm
I'll get it all out Sunday then wire it Minty
Perfect on the driver picture that is a NICE 2100Mhz - 240watt Constant Current SERIES driver mate - basically the smaller brother of what I have (and so does Keeno with that new InvisiSun Prototype) but half the wattage. That is a nice quality driver mate.

So you are SERIES wiring really or at least I would recommend you wire that in SERIES given the driver is constant current and not constant voltage.

So my picture from earlier can be condensed down to the following choices where you just need to decide if it is better to have the wire (coming from the driver and going to the wall socket to power it all up) at the front of the light the middle of the light or the back depending on how you are going to fit that in your GRoom mate.

If you want to have the main 240v Lead coming in at the top/end then it would be the following wiring:-

Or to feed the 240v from the middle:-

See how you get on mate and maybe post a picture of your final build before you plug it in for clarification from us if you like.

Like Beef says - you got this ;O)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

You best bet is to mount that driver on the back of the LED heatsink and go with the middle entry wiring as that 240v lead they have given you looks pretty long anyway. So can trail to either end you like and it keeps the wiring neater/cleaner ;o)

Just cut the blue solid wire to connect the two panels as above then use what is left of the blue and all the green use the terminal blocks to connect the solid wire to the driver then stip a little back from the other end of the blue and brown solid wires and insert into the remaining two connectors shown above.

Give me a shout if you are not clear on anything Captain mate.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:You best bet is to mount that driver on the back of the LED heatsink and go with the middle entry wiring as that 240v lead they have given you looks pretty long anyway. So can trail to either end you like and it keeps the wiring neater/cleaner ;o)

Just cut the blue solid wire to connect the two panels as above then use what is left of the blue and all the green use the terminal blocks to connect the solid wire to the driver then stip a little back from the other end of the blue and brown solid wires and insert into the remaining two connectors shown above.

Give me a shout if you are not clear on anything Captain mate.
I'll give ewe a shout bach that ^^^^^. To me is rocket science . Thank fuk for the dopers

Great Googly Moogly

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

I got plenty of lead to reach the plug socket not a problem that end

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 am)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”