Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

999 I need a sparky!

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: 999 I need a sparky!

Post by Captain Beefheart »

And BTW my panels the writing on them 1 is one way the other is opposite way

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:24 pm

Great Googly Moogly
No worries mate can you take a picture of the middle of that LED light that should show me the ends of both panels and should be 4 connectors in total - just need to see the orientation of the board - this may have just got easier ;o) - the connectors are 'mirrored' at each end so I only need to see the middle (so one end of each board mate).

Just a close up of this really:-

If they have 'turned' one board then the wiring will be like this:-

Which is much cleaner ;o)

But take a picture so I can see which connectors are marked with a Positive/Plus (+) and which ones have a Negative/Minus (-)

If they haven't turned one board - WHAT YOU LIKE WITH A FUCKING SCREWDRIVER BACH?

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:24 pm

Great Googly Moogly
No worries mate can you take a picture of the middle of that LED light that should show me the ends of both panels and should be 4 connectors in total - just need to see the orientation of the board - this may have just got easier ;o) - the connectors are 'mirrored' at each end so I only need to see the middle (so one end of each board mate).

Just a close up of this really:-

If they have 'turned' one board then the wiring will be like this:-

Which is much cleaner ;o)

But take a picture so I can see which connectors are marked with a Positive/Plus (+) and which ones have a Negative/Minus (-)

If they haven't turned one board - WHAT YOU LIKE WITH A FUCKING SCREWDRIVER BACH?
Here it is

ImageImage

Great Googly Moogly

Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:34 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

A screwdriver and me usually means spare parts

Great Googly Moogly

Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:51 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:30 am
Perfect mate - they have made the sensible design decisions to re-orientate one of the panels so that the wiring is easy - Which is exactly why Invisible Sun LED's are the Bolloxs. Top Tech, Top Ideas, Top Delivery, and Top Customers Services from at least the two people I have so far dealt with at Invisible Sun and Kudos to both Rich and Kevin for going above and beyond to satisfy my requirements while helping me to build a Top Notch - Bespoke Solution to fit in between my joists - while doing it myself and on budget.

Once you have this Bad Boi fired up you is going to be one Happy Puppy.

So you just need to wire it up as per my previous diagram:-

with the blue and brown wires containing the terminal strip connecting the solid wires to the driver, then mount the driver above the heatsink and run the wires around and down into the led panels - there may even be holes to run the wires thru - and cut to length.

Strip back a little insulation from each solid wire and push fit into the connectors shown, then take a bit of the remaining wire - brown or blue -and bridge the final two connections as shown.

You Defo Got this mate - Simples:-

Last edited by Minty on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:30 am
Perfect mate - they have made the sensible design decisions to re-orientate one of the panels so that the wiring is easy - Which is exactly why Invisible Sun LED's are the Bolloxs. Top Tech, Top Ideas, Top Delivery, and Top Customers Services from at least the two people I have so far dealt with at Invisible Sun and Kudos to both Rich and Kevin for going above and beyond to satisfy my requirements while helping me to build a Top Notch - Bespoke Solution to fit in between my joists - while doing it myself and on budget. Once you have this Bad Boi fired up you is going to be one Happy Puppy.

So you just need to wire it up as per my previous diagram:-

with the blue and brown wires containing the terminal strip connecting the solid wires to the driver, then mount the driver above the heatsink and run the wires around and down into the led panels - there may even be holes to run the wires thru - and cut to length.

Strip back a little insulation from each solid wire and push fit into the connectors shown, then take a bit of the remaining wire - brown or blue -and bridge the final two connections as shown.

You Defo Got this mate - Simples:-

I can feel an electric shock free exp coming on . I'll see ewe Sunday with pics before I plug the fuka in

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 am) • Beef (Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:18 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Minty (Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:58 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 am
A screwdriver and me usually means spare parts

Great Googly Moogly
Your all good mate - they are the perfect way around - if you have any questions mate just shout but as long as you get the first bit right in terms of the 240v side (is that bit clear enough? otherwise you will need an Aspie Suit for that part mate) - the LED side 30volt is not going to break your diodes or anything (just don't like it - as a side note if this had been constant voltage / parallel wiring then that can kill the diodies) but your fine - you can stick a screwdriver in that little plastic plug hole (after removing it) and dim the Mhz down from 2100mhz to 1600mhz or someshit and it does make a difference but it is certainly not the same as the new driver I just got which is a type A/B so does constant current / constant voltage / and 3 way dimming all in one for a couple of quid more than the basic A (constant current) or B (constant voltage) - just a good tip for anyone looking at buying an LED driver especially a good quality Mean Well driver - the only downside is that the AB types are not as widely available.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 am) • Captain Beefheart (Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:18 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:56 am
LOL Aspie mate. Can we have someone record the whole attempt while Capt is wiring this LED up? Commentary and everything? That would be awesome - we could run a comp to see who swears first ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:53 am
I can feel an electric shock free exp coming on . I'll see ewe Sunday with pics before I plug the fuka in
Don't Look into the light before or after you turn it on ;o)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”