Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Outdoor badger dude

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Goblin

Outdoor badger dude

Post by Goblin »

Morning gr420

Ive become inspired to do an outdoor grow through that dude that you see on social media dressed as a badger an grows near the motorways somewhere down in England. Lol

I live in Scotland and the weather lately has been really good. A bit cloudy today and it's meant to get real cold tomorrow. Next week the temperature is meant to rise again and lately I've been on the hunt for outdoor growing locations. I've grew outdoors before long time ago as an experiment. They turned out to be monsters but got eaten. They weren't coming to much anyway because back then I didn't know that their photoperiod traits required 12 hours of darkness for flowering to be induced an I think some may have been males.

Obviously autos are perfect for outdoors. And I plan on doing at least 8 at 2 different locations. The areas I've found are full of gorse Bush and nettles. So I'm going to get out there later and prepare the locations. If I went into the ground I think I'm right in saying that weed will do well in that kind of earth. I'd still condition the soil though if I went down that route.

To make this grow different to other outdoor guerilla grows I plan on building a den of some sorts to house the plants using green plastic. This will help me sheild the plants from a heap of things.

I'm thinking now.

Has anyone here grown outdoors in the North. I'm trying to figure if building a small greenhouse in the woods is worth it.

Id like to know also if it'd be better to grow in the ground or in pots.?

I like the idea of being able to transport the plants incase of any problems. But that badger dude had holes filled with chicken pellets. Vermiculite, perlite, bone meal. Bat guano, seaweed, worm castings and soil. He maintained that the nutrients were in the soil and the rain water did the rest.

I was planning on following these ingredients but I don't have access to bat shit and worm Castings. And I also thought might this be overkill..

Am sure most of you might have seen this guys videos and whatnot. Which ever way I look at it he's an inspiration and I can't help but think that I'd possibly be able to pull off an extremely successful grow here.

Anyone heard of this guy or more to the point.

In the ground or in pots and shelter or no shelter. Thank you for the replies.

All the best.
These users thanked the author Goblin for the post (total 2):
Nanook (Sat May 09, 2020 10:45 am) • Ilikeplants (Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:33 pm)

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Outdoor badger dude

Post by Nanook »

Ive grown outdoors in Scotland but it was a long time ago and photos - they grew huge but the frost got them before there was any real bud.
I would worry about a greenhouse as its easier to see but obviously I dont know your location. I used bubble wrap for mine :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 2):
Goblin (Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 am) • Guest (Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:18 am)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Aww cool man that looks stunning... I always think I'm the only one in Scotland that grows hahaha.

My location is moray. And the area is superbly south facing. Ahh bubble wrap. How about cling film. ?

The idea behind the shelter is the amount of rain we got last summer. And I'm thinking could that lead to being over watered.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Another Moray grower as well... not easy this far north!
I dont think cling film would be warm enough tbh, the buibble wrap provided insulation at night :)
As for over watering, when you plant them try planting them on a mound shaped like a molehill so the water drains off the stem/root area :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Goblin (Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm)

Mini-G-Star
Respected Member

Post by Mini-G-Star »

Welcome along. Another fellow Scot.
These users thanked the author Mini-G-Star for the post:
Goblin (Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm)
"It's not about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

Hi and welcome along to the growroom
These users thanked the author Mrs Beefheart for the post:
Goblin (Sat May 09, 2020 12:02 pm)

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Thanks star and heart. 😊

That's mental nanook. I like the idea of the bubble wrap.

I think either way a shelter is best then seeing as you grew those lovely looking photos in a bubble wrapped greenhouse.

The only thing I'm bothered about is the possibility of the sun bouncing off the shelter and giving my position away to aircraft in the sky. Its totally hidden though from foot traffic. And molehills that's perfect. 👍
These users thanked the author Goblin for the post:
Nanook (Sat May 09, 2020 4:57 pm)

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Afternoon ma loon 😂

It's been snowing as some of you know.
And

I'm feeling ever so excited today upon discovering another growing location that I will use to build an indoor growing environment. I've got some bubble wrap and green plastic vapour barrier. I'm pretty much ready to go.

Still unsure if I should go in the ground or pots.

Looks like I might showcase the grow on here when this weather fuks off. Be good to increase activity on gr420.

Cheers and all the best

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Pots would be easier imho, esp if you need to move them. Get pics of the location and google maps ta ;)
Hailstones for ages yesterday and today, Scotlands weather SUCKS!
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Goblin (Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 pm)

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Yea I agree with the management of pots.

Lol Google pics of the location. 🤩

Really lol.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”