Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

PPFD drop rate....?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Beef

Re: PPFD drop rate....?

Post by Beef »

Mine was set to max...

Also...Ive moved it up a couple of inches as I think you were right about the risk of foxtailing at that height.

These users thanked the author Beef for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Tue May 12, 2020 12:45 pm) • Minty (Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:37 am)
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man....

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Invisible Sun wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:41 pm
is a pretty tough calculation to get the par off lux, lux is what we see, par 400nm-700nm is what plants use, to determin this off a phone camera is not gonna be accurate in the slightest. The rate of drop off will depend on many aspects including the quality of the leds , are they high powered or mid powered ?, the concentration of led placement, the power the leds are driven at will have a factor and also the reflective walls and so forth.

As a rule of thumb I would suggest with our lights that if you are running the lights at a current of 2100mA in flower then positions them 21 inches away , if you are running them half power at 1050mA then you could get to 11inches.

This changes a bit for veg, if you were at 1050mA id keep the light at 21inches , or if running at 2100mA increase to 30inches.

So in flowering you could roughly say that for every 100mA of current you reduce your light by you could move it an inch closer
Re-reading this much later in my grow, and after all ready moving my lights to the top of the tent I am so going up there to put them back on 2100mA ;o)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Beef wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:43 pm
Also...Ive moved it up a couple of inches as I think you were right about the risk of foxtailing at that height.
LED's (Invisible Sun at least) seem to be a lot more powerful than they look ;p)

Mine has been dimmed due to heat issues but it can still give you a 'Week Four Frost off' - :fight:

ImageImage

Totally mental, I picked off a few fan leaves the other day and literally had to lay down! Wearing gloves the next time! I love me some Invisible Sun ☀️.

Trex

Post by Trex »

I usually hang both my Inv sun and HLG at 20" .
gives off 60-70 000 lux , any lower and i get bleaching . rekon the sun pumps out that same amount in July so any higher brightness is a no go imho .

Grapefruit Banner Pheno Finder Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”