Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Coco from Wilko's

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Re: Coco from Wilko's

Post by Captain Beefheart »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
weedabix wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 pm
Hi,
I have run out of media for my plants so I just went to buy some coco coir at Wilko's. So they are still open in case anyone in the UK is in the same predicament.
Does anyone have experience with it? Is it buffered? It says it's amended with some fertiliser but I that could just be dry amendments right? I think I am gonna rins it and buffer it with calmag just in case.
I like idea of washing it out with just water and then buffering by soaking overnight in cal/mag. Out of interest what ec of cal/mag would you pre-soak it in around 0.4-0.6 ?
Jimi just swell the bricks in standard tap water, then place the swollen coco into a big pot swill it through with a few gallon of straight tap water until it runs free and clear!!! Then put the coco in a bucket and fill it with pre loaded cal/mag.... At, 75 ml a litre water pH it to 6....and leave it stand over night.... Drain the excess water off next morning and plant away mines been in it for 7 days potted up . Super cropped and topped

ImageImage

Great Googly Moogly ¡¡¡

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Coco from Wilko's

Post by 2-Scoops »

captain beefheart wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:08 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:
weedabix wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:01 pm
Hi,
I have run out of media for my plants so I just went to buy some coco coir at Wilko's. So they are still open in case anyone in the UK is in the same predicament.
Does anyone have experience with it? Is it buffered? It says it's amended with some fertiliser but I that could just be dry amendments right? I think I am gonna rins it and buffer it with calmag just in case.
I like idea of washing it out with just water and then buffering by soaking overnight in cal/mag. Out of interest what ec of cal/mag would you pre-soak it in around 0.4-0.6 ?
Jimi just swell the bricks in standard tap water, then place the swollen coco into a big pot swill it through with a few gallon of straight tap water until it runs free and clear!!! Then put the coco in a bucket and fill it with pre loaded cal/mag.... At, 75 ml a litre water pH it to 6....and leave it stand over night.... Drain the excess water off next morning and plant away mines been in it for 7 days potted up . Super cropped and topped

ImageImage

Great Googly Moogly ¡¡¡
Sounds good to me Beefster, cheers. :thanks:
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”