Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Slower to show sex when topped?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Slower to show sex when topped?

Post by kbag »

From them pics there is no way of telling if male or female. I do not even bother trying to sex my plants early these days> I just flip to 12/12 and within a week or 2 they will soon tell me. Then i just remove the Male's and carry on with the females whatever the number is.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:45 pm) • seymore_budz (Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:38 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm
The mc4 one well imo males seem to grow that way. The mc3 looks like it could be fem now but i said male previously, it`s really hard to tell in your pictures but the balls look like cayxes swelling up and i think isee an hair sticking out from them possibly, but as said tis hard from your pictures mate. Fems will generally have what looks like white hairs just like the one your mrs left on plant thast i circled previously growing out of the new calyxes, behind or around the stiplules males won`t have hairs and the balls aren`t exactly calyxes and look nowt like calyxes although i suppose they could if your not sure what your looking at, but they are more like balls that open up to spread pollen around, well they`re more so like balls than a calyx which is kinda more pointy, (so maybe take note of that for future) and they kinda grow differently and are usually the bigger plants, you`ll know when you see them for sure mate
kbag wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 pm
From them pics there is no way of telling if male or female. I do not even bother trying to sex my plants early these days> I just flip to 12/12 and within a week or 2 they will soon tell me. Then i just remove the Male's and carry on with the females whatever the number is.
Thank you both, I'm a little eager I guess being 2nd grow and these are only just developing. I'm going to play the patience card and chill for a week and see if it becomes more obvious.

I'm planning on repotting the females if there are any (I've got 2 other landrace indicas that haven't shown
yet) then a but if training, take some clines then flip.

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciated.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm
The mc4 one well imo males seem to grow that way. The mc3 looks like it could be fem now but i said male previously, it`s really hard to tell in your pictures but the balls look like cayxes swelling up and i think isee an hair sticking out from them possibly, but as said tis hard from your pictures mate. Fems will generally have what looks like white hairs just like the one your mrs left on plant thast i circled previously growing out of the new calyxes, behind or around the stiplules males won`t have hairs and the balls aren`t exactly calyxes and look nowt like calyxes although i suppose they could if your not sure what your looking at, but they are more like balls that open up to spread pollen around, well they`re more so like balls than a calyx which is kinda more pointy, (so maybe take note of that for future) and they kinda grow differently and are usually the bigger plants, you`ll know when you see them for sure mate
kbag wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 pm

So I'm now convinced MC3 is a male.........

Would this be correct?

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Yes that's a male TickTok
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
Marcus (Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:54 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

kbag wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:11 pm
Yes that's a male TickTok
Thanks Kbag, at least I know so I can cull it.

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Yup, looks like big old balls to me too. :oik!:

Just something interesting I found on my internet travels.

A dude over on the instagram posted this pic of a male the other day...

Male that started showing pistils after a couple of weeks flower.
That's mad Marcus, I wonder what the end result was? Is that a make hermying? I thought only fems did that. Fascinating stuff.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Marcus (Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:16 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes mc3 is male and you can see what i mean in difference between a man ball and fem calyx, well you will when you see swollen calyx anyhow cus they looks nowt like those man bits their. Good spotting mate :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”