Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Plant looks rubbish

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
alfa2505
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Plant looks rubbish

Post by alfa2505 »

Bulls wrote:Hello buddy. I can imagine you're using canna pk 13/14. That PK is way too strong for 1 ml per L for plants so young. It can make the plants mature very quick and also stop their growth. I'd strongly recommend you to get all the plants in the bath and flush with water straight from the tap x2 pot size in liters for example if 10L pots run 20L of water through them.
Then next day feed
0.75 Canna A per L
0.75 Canna B per L
0.5 PK 13/14 per L
1 ml Canna boost per L
PH 6.1

They look good but you need to know exactly what's going on there and feeding that is asking for trouble..hope you water them daily?
Hiya Bulls I've followed your advice seems to be helping. Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Cool :) I couldn't get a grip with them at all. Invis I did very well with and a mix I also did well with so fingers crossed for you :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

alfa2505 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:22 pm
That's great to hear that it works mate. Keep us updated please, if you want update regularly with what you feed, and photos so we can keep an eye too and lead you to a successful end.

alfa2505

Post by alfa2505 »

Bulls wrote:
alfa2505 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:22 pm
That's great to hear that it works mate. Keep us updated please, if you want update regularly with what you feed, and photos so we can keep an eye too and lead you to a successful end.
Well I've kept the feed you suggested , when would you reckon I should increase the EC and add more pk and boost? Or would you keep the feed as it is for a while longer?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nowt`s written in stone Alfa2505 they are big plants and if they were mine i would be feeding 2ml to 2.5 ml of both AnB for where they at now. I run with EC of 1.2 to 1.4`ish but just using AnB and pk boost, i wouldsn`t really be adding more than 1/2ml per liter of pk13/14 if your using all way through flowering, it pretty vicious stuff makes leaves crispy. Canna boost it`s your shout it shouldn`t really effect ec, possibly slightly nowt worth a worry though. I run pk boost for 3 weeks mid to late bloom. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm
i would be feeding 2ml to 2.5 ml of both AnB
very interesting Jimmi. I've never went higher than 1.25 ml per L of each Canna A And B as in my opinion plants never needed it looking at them. What's your background ec as mine is 0.5-0.8 and it works out perfectly at that amount of nutes to reach 1.3-1.4 Ec. It's awesome how different people grow mate.

and Alfa, I'd keep it for now. What EC do you get with that amount of nutrients?

alfa2505

Post by alfa2505 »

jimmi2scoops wrote:Nowt`s written in stone Alfa2505 they are big plants and if they were mine i would be feeding 2ml to 2.5 ml of both AnB for where they at now. I run with EC of 1.2 to 1.4`ish but just using AnB and pk boost, i wouldsn`t really be adding more than 1/2ml per liter of pk13/14 if your using all way through flowering, it pretty vicious stuff makes leaves crispy. Canna boost it`s your shout it shouldn`t really effect ec, possibly slightly nowt worth a worry though. I run pk boost for 3 weeks mid to late bloom. :)
Thanks jimmi2scoops. I'll start that at weekend , will be week 5 then. Only 3-4 weeks left untill flush and chop.

alfa2505

Post by alfa2505 »

Bulls wrote:
jimmi2scoops wrote:
very interesting Jimmi. I've never went higher than 1.25 ml per L of each Canna A And B as in my opinion plants never needed it looking at them. What's your background ec as mine is 0.5-0.8 and it works out perfectly at that amount of nutes to reach 1.3-1.4 Ec. It's awesome how different people grow mate.

and Alfa, I'd keep it for now. What EC do you get with that amount of nutrients?
Hiya Bulls, my background EC is 0.2 as I'm in a soft water area. With the nutrients added I got 0.8-1.0

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Bulls wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:

My background EC is 0.2 Bulls, 1.5ml of just Canna AnB in that allin is around 1.0ec slightly over if i`m remembering it rightly, only did that mix last week , heads a shed i swear man. But yes if anything i run around 1.4EC with background included first 3 or 4 weeks of bloom before dropping back to owt between 1.0 and 1.2 whatever floats my boat at time kinda thing. I have 2 small gg#4 vegging on 1.1 ec which is just A&B atmo and i don`t really get any overfert problems doing that.

I never really flush plants through mid bloom either tis summink i see a few do on here, tbh i don`t test run off unless plants look shit, summink i suppose wouldn`t hurt doing once in a while. I did used to flush my pots weekly once upon a time but i can`t see point anymore cus i run lower EC between 1.0 and 1.4`ish mostly, but when i ran 2.8ec growing in 20liter pots it was summink you had to do.
alfa2505 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:Nowt`s written in stone Alfa2505 they are big plants and if they were mine i would be feeding 2ml to 2.5 ml of both AnB for where they at now. I run with EC of 1.2 to 1.4`ish but just using AnB and pk boost, i wouldsn`t really be adding more than 1/2ml per liter of pk13/14 if your using all way through flowering, it pretty vicious stuff makes leaves crispy. Canna boost it`s your shout it shouldn`t really effect ec, possibly slightly nowt worth a worry though. I run pk boost for 3 weeks mid to late bloom. :)
Thanks jimmi2scoops. I'll start that at weekend , will be week 5 then. Only 3-4 weeks left untill flush and chop.

If your that far into bloom tbh i wouldn`t really be faffing about upping EC your plants look great as is and they will slow down taking in ferts towards back end of your grow so salts can build quicker in your medium. I run with a higher EC early in bloom for 3 or 4 weeks after flipping. You could quite easily up the Canna boost maybe double dose your using now so 2ml per liter or just go max dose it says on bottle, i don`t think that really effects EC and if it does its gonna be very slight, it`s a different type of boost that i don`t think contains any chemical salts but tis more hormones, vitamins, amino`s and maybe enzymes in the mix, i might have missed summink out feck knows tbh but yes get that upped if your gonna up anything now is my thoughts. :)

alfa2505

Post by alfa2505 »

Quick update. This is how the plants look now. Only 3 or 4 week left until flush.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”