Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Do bigger plants take longer to flower?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: Do bigger plants take longer to flower?

Post by bigbadbillybob »

They can still suffer from Pythium but without the smell and slime. If you gently tug the root it should stay attached to the plant, if it comes away, its not looking good.
I had the same lately with a bubbler and there was no smell or slime, and the roots didn't even look any browner than the other healthy plants, but the roots detached in the hand easily, so they were obviously affected by something nasty.
Hope yours are ok, but give them a slight tug and let us know.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

bigbadbillybob wrote:They can still suffer from Pythium but without the smell and slime. If you gently tug the root it should stay attached to the plant, if it comes away, its not looking good.
I had the same lately with a bubbler and there was no smell or slime, and the roots didn't even look any browner than the other healthy plants, but the roots detached in the hand easily, so they were obviously affected by something nasty.
Hope yours are ok, but give them a slight tug and let us know.
Thanks for the heads up man, I'll do that in a couple hours and let you know
They do get pulled on when I do rez changes and none have come off so I guess that's a good sign

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Good news everyone!
Whatever the deal was she has finally decided to start packing on weight. I gave the roots a tug in a couple spots and none came off. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted if anything comes up

I think the nutrient burn and flush all in the same week may have delayed the flower production a bit. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Iff you haven`t got root rot then myself i`d say it`s cus your using different lighting where as an HPS bulb is red spec or dual spec (minimal blue) well the LED unless it`s a custom made job will have a much more true spectrum of all colors red, blue and far this and that etc , your seeing similar to what you would see happen a bit like you would changing the HPS bulb out for a MH bulb the last few weeks of bloom, in so doing that it will help finish the plants up and add extra sticky goodness. Ive also read and seen peeps mention LED knocks around a week off bloom in comparison to HPS who have switched over to LED from HPS .

You can use h202 every 4 hours as well probably sooner but every 4 and you`ll be good, it soon becomes depleted to nowt aka zilcho and gone 4ever once added in to your rezz
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:Iff you haven`t got root rot then myself i`d say it`s cus your using different lighting where as an HPS bulb is red spec or dual spec (minimal blue) well the LED unless it`s a custom made job will have a much more true spectrum of all colors red, blue and far this and that etc , your seeing similar to what you would see happen a bit like you would changing the HPS bulb out for a MH bulb the last few weeks of bloom, in so doing that it will help finish the plants up and add extra sticky goodness. Ive also read and seen peeps mention LED knocks around a week off bloom in comparison to HPS who have switched over to LED from HPS .

You can use h202 every 4 hours as well probably sooner but every 4 and you`ll be good, it soon becomes depleted to nowt aka zilcho and gone 4ever once added in to your rezz
It got delivered today so I'll go ahead and add it in. Every 4 hours you say? And how much per liter

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Whatever bottle says, follow instructions, iv`e not grown in water or used the stuff myself for ten years or more. But it soon depletes to nothing in your rezz, maybe try using it once daily if you`ve not got root rot just as a preventative measure during lights on period and mix it well.

Here`s a good readhttp://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and- ... oxide.html & https://rgjhydroponics.weebly.com/hydro ... oxide.html

Don`t get on skin or in your eyes it will fuck you up.

PS

If you do use it more frequently use at a much lesser dose . :) But no need for more frequent unless you got rot bad once a day works when lights are on. :)
Ive just read it totally depletes in your rezz in around 24 hours, so maybe the 4 hour thing is a deffo no no unless your plants are well fucked up with rot don`t go in head first, i don`t want you killing them on my advice, less is more kinda thing. :) .

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”