Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

UVB Supplemental Lights

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: UVB Supplemental Lights

Post by Marcus »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:59 pm
so do the little CFL types that kick out 10% UVB for reptiles work just as well as these 75% UVB and 25% UVA ones?
Never used the strip t-5 or t-8 typo uvb/a lights but ive used 3 x cfl lights stuck in cheap separate clip on light fittings. Not sure they did anything or not, i still have them in a draw somewhere and they may come out again at some point.
I ran them for last 3 weeks of bloom set about 1ft above canopy for around 8hours a day if memory serves me right.

Ebay do some great Arcadia t-5 kits for £50 to £80. I`m sure that ive read the t-5 are best overall and more economical and more intense than t-8. Pretty sure tis 280 -290nm perfect light spec for added potency .https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... t=0&_sop=1

Out of interest the hydro store that advertises on gr420 do a decent t-8 uvb supplements same make as TT`s Migro for £110. https://hydro-urban.co.uk/product/migro ... cent-tube/

LED uv light isnt worth a wank for added potency is totally wrong light spectrum, well it was last i looked.
I remember you using them bulbs. Did you get a good suntan during that grow then?

"LED uv light isnt worth a wank" :lol: I'm sticking to the cmh from now on.

Less daft leaf to chop off at trim time and smelly healthy plants that smash my face in!

I've been pondering this about LEDs...,
Samsung did not design these chips around growing dope, they were designed around growing leafy lettuce.

If folks think a plant is just a plant and both have the same dietary needs, well a mammal is just a mammal and like fuck do I want to eat cat food.

However that fake cat chocolate was a firm favourite of mine as a child one christmas. :rolf: and the winalot shape biscuits. (I hope my mom isnt reading this)
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
biosynthetic (Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:40 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: UVB Supplemental Lights

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:47 pm
"LED uv light isnt worth a wank"
Seems like i will have to eat those words and shit em out down thunderbox. Looks like LED has come on lots with the UVB thing since last i looked, whether they are as efficient as other types of lighting yet feck knows tbh. But it sure looks like they have got that UVB light spectrum locked down now, after doing a little look around tinterweb earlier i found this from Lumatek . https://lumatek-lighting.com/30w-uv-sup ... t-led-bar/ which looks to have a little UVB added to UVA now, so win win i spose. Think i`d still prolly go with a t-5 atmo on a personal level though if i splashed out
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
biosynthetic (Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:38 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”