Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Solid (non-flexi) water tanks

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Vador
Known User

Re: Solid (non-flexi) water tanks

Post by Vador »

like I said look for potable water containers, potable means you can store drinking water in it. look at the water tanks window cleaners use, that would make a perfect res. they have big screw on lids and options for threaded holes at the bottom
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

like this one
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

sybarite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 pm
Haha, not the worst idea. I think those 110L ones have a painted surface? Not sure what plastic they're made of either, thinking they might not be best for consumable crops
HDPE normally (High Density Poly Ethylene) same stuff as milk cartons etc. Not painted, cut a hole in one and it'll be black all the way through.

They make water tanks out of the same plastic for potable stuff.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:27 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Vador wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:29 pm
like I said look for potable water containers, potable means you can store drinking water in it. look at the water tanks window cleaners use, that would make a perfect res. they have big screw on lids and options for threaded holes at the bottom
Thanks Vador. In my original post I posted a link to one of those and it probably would have been my first choice if it wasn't for the small access lids - with my back/shoulder problems I need something I can reach into to easily clean and pour into from a bucket without spillage onto the nice floor. There's also two temp probes, a pH probe, a heater and two water pumps that need careful positioning to avoid clashing, hence my preference for a fully open top. I don't need a hole at the bottom either, although I know you can opt to not have that.
Last edited by sybarite on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Vador (Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:08 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:52 pm
sybarite wrote:
Haha, not the worst idea. I think those 110L ones have a painted surface? Not sure what plastic they're made of either, thinking they might not be best for consumable crops
HDPE normally (High Density Poly Ethylene) same stuff as milk cartons etc. Not painted, cut a hole in one and it'll be black all the way through.

Ah, good to know, thanks. The only 110L one I saw on Amazon said it had a painted finish. The smaller 90L ones were not painted. It's mainly the inefficiency of a round shape in a square space that puts me off - partly about aesthetics to keep the wife happy - I'm already taking the piss growing in the bedroom - the sexy sound of extractors, fans and pumps :lol:
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:43 pm) • Wrh (Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:42 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

sybarite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:51 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:52 pm
sybarite wrote:

Ah, good to know, thanks. The only 110L one I saw on Amazon said it had a painted finish. The smaller 90L ones were not painted. It's mainly the inefficiency of a round shape in a square space that puts me off - partly about aesthetics to keep the wife happy - I'm already taking the piss growing in the bedroom - the sexy sound of extractors, fans and pumps :lol:
Ah, gotcha!

Square you say?

Sexy you say?

Throw a pair of knickers on one of these... https://strataproducts.co.uk/product-ca ... age-boxes/

145L one for about twenty quid. PP5 plastic, I keep my dog's kibble in a 60L one.

Argos, B&Q, Charlies sell them. Google is your friend.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

sybarite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:42 pm
Vador wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:29 pm
Thanks Vador. In my original post I posted a link to one of those and it probably would have been my first choice if it wasn't for the small access lids - with my back/shoulder problems I need something I can reach into to easily clean and pour into from a bucket without spillage onto the nice floor. There's also two temp probes, a pH probe, a heater and two water pumps that need careful positioning to avoid clashing, hence my preference for a fully open top. I don't need a hole at the bottom either, although I know you can opt to not have that.
Sorry my bad, guess i didn’t read the post properly
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Vador wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:09 pm
Sorry my bad, guess i didn’t read the post properly
Nothing bad mate, I appreciate your help, thanks!
Vador (Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:44 am)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:46 pm
Ah, gotcha!

Square you say?

Sexy you say?

Throw a pair of knickers on one of these... https://strataproducts.co.uk/product-ca ... age-boxes/

145L one for about twenty quid. PP5 plastic, I keep my dog's kibble in a 60L one.

Argos, B&Q, Charlies sell them. Google is your friend.
They look decent but must have a footprint no bigger than 50 x 58cm.

Sexy with petite feet!

Vador (Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:44 am)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

sybarite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:04 pm

Nothing bad mate, I appreciate your help, thanks!
No problem.
Tbh the hole on a lot of the tanks is a decent size at the top, mine has got to be at least 11”, ill measure it for you if you’d like.
Also some of the company’s do custom tanks as well, you tell them the spec and they make it to suit. Not sure how much extra it would cost mind.

Shame about the legality of our hobby really cos i got a 350L tank spare in my garage, if you can take it away you can have it for free, its been sat for probably 4 years now lol
sybarite (Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:07 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”