Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Solid (non-flexi) water tanks

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
sybarite
Known User

Re: Solid (non-flexi) water tanks

Post by sybarite »

Hmr81 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:08 am
these arent cheap but would this work https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/nestable ... 00l/p45451
Those could be perfect, good find!

:thanks:
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:38 pm) • Hmr81 (Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:39 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:54 pm
This is what I use, but not sure if you get them in your neck of the woods https://mazeproducts.com.au/product-cat ... minitanks/
Thanks, yes, we get those tall 100L butts here and considered those but I think I'd struggle getting my arms to the bottom and not sure it would be easy positioning heaters and pumps on suckers due to the way the base curves up to the sides :idn:

I don't think we get those 300L minitanks here though, which look good but too big for my space. Would be good if they did that rectangular shape in a 100L version.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:20 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Thanks for your input, everyone, really appreciate it!

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Herbalist »

sybarite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:34 pm
Herbalist wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:07 am
Fill your bath and run some hose :idn: could you not cut a bigger access flap in the top of the one you linked?
I had not considered the bath idea, good one, but the bath is needed for drainage - I use a puddle pump from my run-off tank to the bath.

Cutting a flap could be good. I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the tank but just a square cut out of the top leaving all corners in tact could work.

:thanks:
You could still use the bath. Just have your waste pipe going into the overflow :lol:
Once you cut your flap and filled it for while you're away, a bit of gorilla tape will seal it up good 👍🏿
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
sybarite (Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

sybarite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:43 pm
Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:54 pm
This is what I use, but not sure if you get them in your neck of the woods https://mazeproducts.com.au/product-cat ... minitanks/
Thanks, yes, we get those tall 100L butts here and considered those but I think I'd struggle getting my arms to the bottom and not sure it would be easy positioning heaters and pumps on suckers due to the way the base curves up to the sides :idn:

I don't think we get those 300L minitanks here though, which look good but too big for my space. Would be good if they did that rectangular shape in a 100L version.
Hi mate

I have a 100l water butt.

I put a heater inside no problem. Get those magnetic clips that go around the heater and then attach magnets on outside underneath base and your heater won't move. I've done it myself. I just stored pure water inside.. so didn't have much of an issue cleaning. Just a thought buddy, but possible.

Peace
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
sybarite (Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Herbalist wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:46 pm
You could still use the bath. Just have your waste pipe going into the overflow :lol:
Once you cut your flap and filled it for while you're away, a bit of gorilla tape will seal it up good 👍🏿
Lol, that would be sweet if the bath had a normal waste but it's got a fancy bath filler with built-in waste:

Might be able to put the waste down the bog tho, as long as the pump doesn't gush water out too fast. :rain:
Herbalist (Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:46 am)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

wutang wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm
Hi mate

I put a heater inside no problem. Get those magnetic clips that go around the heater and then attach magnets on outside underneath base and your heater won't move. I've done it myself. I just stored pure water inside.. so didn't have much of an issue cleaning. Just a thought buddy, but possible.

Peace
Hello mate, that's a good suggestion. I haven't seen those clips before. :thanks:

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Black plastic dustbin. Amazon 110L £20.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:20 am) • Herbalist (Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:46 am) • 2-Scoops (Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:47 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

sybarite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:11 pm
wutang wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm
Hi mate

Peace
Hello mate, that's a good suggestion. I haven't seen those clips before. :thanks:
I got them in the UK bro..pets at home. They're for aquarium heaters..they come in many sizes.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
sybarite (Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:20 am)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:25 pm
Black plastic dustbin. Amazon 110L £20.
Haha, not the worst idea. I think those 110L ones have a painted surface? Not sure what plastic they're made of either, thinking they might not be best for consumable crops - I'm paranoid like that, read all the ingredients labels on food too.

Although quite expensive, I reckon I'll go for the stacked one @Hmr81 found because it has almost everything I need:
  • rectangular shape
  • not too tall
  • perfectly fits the tight space
  • wide open top with lid
  • rigid
  • food safe
  • tapered at bottom so fits over skirting board without making the top protrude outside a boundary
  • can drill side hole for the feed pump outlet pipe that also holds the pump firmly down on the base - one time I came back from holiday to find the feed pipe had detached from the pump and all plants dead.
Hmr81 (Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:48 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”