Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cleaning bowl trimmer and other stuff

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
wutang
Known User

Cleaning bowl trimmer and other stuff

Post by wutang »

Just curious to see what you guys use to clean your bowl trimmers, scissors etc

With scissors I use iso prop alcohol..so presumably it will be the same with the bowl trimmer.. but wondering what others do?

Cheers
Wu

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Cleaning bowl trimmer and other stuff

Post by Marcus »

I use a razor blade to clean the scissors.

probably the best bit of the grow for me, smoking that glob.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

As soon as its been used i just empty bowl that's full of shit hot trim into a carrier bag and i wang that straight into freezer cus that's proper dynamite shit for making goodies to get smashed on. But yes i just use hot water and washing up liquid to clean the stainless bowl bits straight away, the other stuff gets left cus it dont really get covered in weed etc

1 or 2 of my rubber blades have broken off so does anyone know where i can replace them or buy right size rubber to chop into a blade ? Surly not that hard to make new ones. That doesn't deteriorate from machine working great though, i just thought if i can why not make or buy a few new to replace broken ones
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

mrming

Post by mrming »

Ive purchased a £1 silicone food safe pastry brush today, to dry brush.
I like the ''Cannabrushes'' but at £30 each im not paying that.
So i will update how its worked or not when my @GHCheese Pheno' is ready,
and ill post on my diary.
:puff puff: :puff puff:

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

wutang wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:38 pm

With scissors I use iso prop alcohol..so presumably it will be the same with the bowl trimmer.. but wondering what others do?

Cheers
Wu
I use to fill the bath with warm soapy water, grab one of those circular wire scourer things and give it a scrub. Worked well for me. After I would drain the bath and give it a clean, then do the rest of the bathroom whilst I was at it. Kept the mrs well happy doing that and she'd usually swallow same night. Now i don't use the bowl trimmer and she cleans the bathroom herself, i wake up early go down stairs, put the kettle on and have a wank whilst i wait for it to boil....

Maybe i should start using the bowl trimmer again

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:11 pm
As soon as its been used i just empty bowl that's full of shit hot trim into a carrier bag and i wang that straight into freezer cus that's proper dynamite shit for making goodies to get smashed on. But yes i just use hot water and washing up liquid to clean the stainless bowl bits straight away, the other stuff gets left cus it dont really get covered in weed etc

1 or 2 of my rubber blades have broken off so does anyone know where i can replace them or buy right size rubber to chop into a blade ? Surly not that hard to make new ones. That doesn't deteriorate from machine working great though, i just thought if i can why not make or buy a few new to replace broken ones
So trim straight into freezer rather than drying first? I just lost to bags of it to mould so right now it's just sitting open in the bowl next to a filter.

Not sure about the rubber bits mate..I'm sure they would be dead easy to make..clone of the other ones and get th3 right type of rubber.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Nom wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:23 pm
wutang wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:38 pm

Cheers
Wu
I use to fill the bath with warm soapy water, grab one of those circular wire scourer things and give it a scrub. Worked well for me. After I would drain the bath and give it a clean, then do the rest of the bathroom whilst I was at it. Kept the mrs well happy doing that and she'd usually swallow same night. Now i don't use the bowl trimmer and she cleans the bathroom herself, i wake up early go down stairs, put the kettle on and have a wank whilst i wait for it to boil....

Maybe i should start using the bowl trimmer again
That's the trick I've been missing with the Mrs lol

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

mrming wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:36 pm
Ive purchased a £1 silicone food safe pastry brush today, to dry brush.
I like the ''Cannabrushes'' but at £30 each im not paying that.
So i will update how its worked or not when my @GHCheese Pheno' is ready,
and ill post on my diary.
I found this awful..it nipped off a fair bit of bud...just felt like I was battering it with the brush..I got a £3 dunelm jobby pastry brush IIRC

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:12 am
2-Scoops wrote:

So trim straight into freezer rather than drying first? I just lost to bags of it to mould so right now it's just sitting open in the bowl next to a filter.

Not sure about the rubber bits mate..I'm sure they would be dead easy to make..clone of the other ones and get th3 right type of rubber.
You can dry it or not, but generally mine goes in freezer straight away from trimmer wet. I suppose drying would make things easier when it comes to decarbing, cus decarbing that frozen wet stuff takes an age unlike decarbing dried frozen bud which doesn't take no where near as long. That said i very rarely decarb it nowadays with stuff i use it for i presume its all decarbed in that process. I have a few bags full in freezer atmo that's been their an age I've never had mould problems using freezer.
I just lost to bags of it to mould
In freezer ? Hmm as said i never had that problem in freezer. You can add dry bud to freezer to store too no worries, even your prime cuts of bud can be stored in freezer for a later date for smoking so long as its dried firstly. 8-)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:18 am
wutang wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:12 am
2-Scoops wrote:

You can dry it or not, but generally mine goes in freezer straight away from trimmer wet. I suppose drying would make things easier when it comes to decarbing, cus decarbing that frozen wet stuff takes an age unlike decarbing dried frozen bud which doesn't take no where near as long. That said i very rarely decarb it nowadays with stuff i use it for i presume its all decarbed in that process. I have a few bags full in freezer atmo that's been their an age I've never had mould problems using freezer.
I just lost to bags of it to mould
In freezer ? Hmm as said i never had that problem in freezer. You can add dry bud to freezer to store too no worries, even your prime cuts of bud can be stored in freezer for a later date for smoking so long as its dried firstly. 8-)
Sorry dude.. nah not in freezer. I left it in an xl zip lock bag open in the tent at the bottom..then Keeno also pointed out that's an invitation for mould. So I took it out the drying tent and left it out but because its not soo spread it got mould.

Last night's trim is in th3 bowl..so I'll.keep turning it every few hours then try and freeze it later.

I was sifting through it earlier...I found small buds...so I took em out lol. I'll call it a lucky dip bag as its eith3r of 2 strains lol

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”