Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Inkbird 308 with wifi

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Inkbird 308 with wifi

Post by 2-Scoops »

So guys I've been looking at this Inkbird 308 temp controller with wifi and im wondering who or if anyone uses it, im asking cus theirs lots of different Inkbird toys that do same or similar thing so........

I've also been looking at the ITC-310C and ITC-306T. Both these do day and night temps if you wanting 2 set temps unlike the 308 in picture which just does one setting, but its cheaper, maybe im being too much of a tight coont again.

Should i splash out a few extra £ on one of these updated versions that will do my day and night temps instead, which one ?

Does the alarm notify me via wifi on my phone or make a racket in grow room when room temps etc are way out ?

Will it make my fan hum like those cheapo temp controllers can do when its running fan on low ?

It wont ever turn my extraction fan off will it or can i set it so this doesn`t happen like you do with most grow room controllers ?

Is red light temp setting on shining bright all time ?

Any more info on it that maybe useful is more than welcome.

Cheers peeps 8-)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Vador
Known User

Re: Inkbird 308 with wifi

Post by Vador »

I use an inkbird, can’t remember the model but it does humidity and has a bluetooth app.
Great bit of kit for when you need to have a dehumidifier on but dont want it running all day.
Never used mine with a heater but if it performs as good as it does with the dehumidifier then its brilliant.
Tbh you dont need wifi or bluetooth unless you want to be able to monitor remotely, its not necessary though and the unit performs perfectly without it

Edit, sorry just re read and realise the one your looking at is more of a fan controller, my bad
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Vador wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:36 pm
I use an inkbird, can’t remember the model but it does humidity and has a bluetooth app.
Great bit of kit for when you need to have a dehumidifier on but dont want it running all day.
Never used mine with a heater but if it performs as good as it does with the dehumidifier then its brilliant.
Tbh you dont need wifi or bluetooth unless you want to be able to monitor remotely, its not necessary though and the unit performs perfectly without it

Edit, sorry just re read and realise the one your looking at is more of a fan controller, my bad
Yes cheers Vador, tbh im thinking more so i should get the one that does a day and night time 12 hour each schedule now for what i want. Im not wanting the one that does humidity atmo but maybe depends how i get shit rocking to start with, been reading about VPD more and more so it maybe needed at some point. That said atmo im looking at a fan and heater temp management tyope, im just wondering which i should get. Thanks mate

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

ive got that exact model @2-Scoops . been rock solid, when its connected to wifi you can use the app and set schedules so you can have it cooler when lights off if you wanted to. also works off google home etc.
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Does the alarm notify me via wifi on my phone or make a racket in grow room when room temps etc are way out ? it can alert you on the app yes, and the alarm on the unit is loud, i.e. i can hear it indoors from the shed. but you can have it on silent if you so wish.

Will it make my fan hum like those cheapo temp controllers can do when its running fan on low ? mine only controls the heat so cant answer that.

It wont ever turn my extraction fan off will it or can i set it so this doesn`t happen like you do with most grow room controllers ? i mean you could program the "cooler" plug to do something on temp i guess but not done it.

Is red light temp setting on shining bright all time ? yes the red led temp display is always on but its not that bright. not sure if it can be turned off.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I have one that doesn;t have the wifi bits on it.

It's basically 2 relays that switches one or the other sockets on the dangly bit on or off. Never both on at the same time though.

I used it for a heater on the heat side, it gets it hot and then turns the heater off when the space is up to temp.

I presume you can use the cool side for a fan that kicks on when it gets too hot in there.

I have never used the alarms, they're set to daft numbers so they never come on unless the earth explodes.

But yes good bit of kit for a heater , never tried it for cooling but I suppose you can plug air con into them too.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Hmr81 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:12 pm
Does the alarm notify me via wifi on my phone or make a racket in grow room when room temps etc are way out ? it can alert you on the app yes, and the alarm on the unit is loud, i.e. i can hear it indoors from the shed. but you can have it on silent if you so wish.

Will it make my fan hum like those cheapo temp controllers can do when its running fan on low ? mine only controls the heat so cant answer that.

It wont ever turn my extraction fan off will it or can i set it so this doesn`t happen like you do with most grow room controllers ? i mean you could program the "cooler" plug to do something on temp i guess but not done it.

Is red light temp setting on shining bright all time ? yes the red led temp display is always on but its not that bright. not sure if it can be turned off.
Thanks for reply mate.

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

I have both the temp and humidity controller and never had problem with either, yes alarm is very loud I turned alarm off, I haven’t got the wifi versions as in shed and connection shit. They defo worth it tho for turning my heater on and off same with dehumidifier
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:03 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”