Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Training plants

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Training plants

Post by Marcus »

Hi folks

I was just having a ponder about how I'm going to go about my next grow.

I've got a 4 pot wilma...

and was thinking about how much I hate plants growing into each other and I always rotate them in the tent or cubby to keep them from resting on each other. This Wilma will more or less put a stop to that.
Then I got thinking about not being a lazy bugger this time round and putting a bit of effort in and training the little green cheeky chap-esses.

So...

Do I go LST or manifold them???

No nets please, as I like to get them out the tent for any flushing or nad pulling off them.

Anyone got tips n tricks for scenarios like this?

Favoured methods?

I like to top them at the 5th and normally leave them be. I have also topped at 5th and stripped alternating nodes off leaving 5 tops in the past, but height is an issue here and the wilma does take a bit of that away before I start.

I'm favouring manifolding them and having 8 tops on each plant, but I think that be pushing in a 1m tent, seeing as I ALWAYS grow fat HORSE COCKS!!!

:roll eyes: :running-around:

Greenfingers
Known User

Re: Training plants

Post by Greenfingers »

I've been using this method last few grows and it works well to keep the plant the size you need .

thats a bit posh mate :oik!:

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Same wilma and same size tent once upon a time. I manifolded but only with 3 plants in the wilma and probably had the best grow I've ever had, well certainly turned a corner anyway. I tried them tomatoe rings that greenfingers has aswel, liked them too. Manifold does take a bit longer with all the topping etc but i always liked ut because once its set you can just forget about. Could easily achieve the same with some LST though if you wanted

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

How many tops did you have on each plant @Nom ?

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

8 tops on each mate

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

@Nom on your avatar, is that cherry on top giving the green thing below it a poke with something in it's bottom?

Cheers dude.

I've been leaning towards the manifold and I think you may have swung it for me. Got any pics???

I'm wondering if training them across the diagonals for the main shoots would be a good space filler?

I;m probably over thinking all this and will just cut their heads off and spit at them before flipping and leaving them well alone.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

id say chose 1 or 2 that you want to have branches in the centre, the rest just train out away from the middle. maybe cut the limbs off that poke inwards on 2 and not the other 2 :idn:
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:07 pm
@Nom on your avatar, is that cherry on top giving the green thing below it a poke with something in it's bottom?
I'll have to ask google

What GMO said would be quicker than a manifold to be fair. No pics of that grow sorry fella

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”