Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying and curing..your tried and true

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Drying and curing..your tried and true

Post by MommaB »

Hey y’all..
Sooo where I tend to fail is the drying and curing process..or possibly fail.. I find that some of my weed is a tad harsh when I smoke it.. some strains smooth and tasty others I cough first hit.. I dry all of my weed in a hanging herb drier until it feels crunchy to touch then into jars where I burp the jars once daily.. here is where I admit that my meters broke so I don’t know rh or temp. I open the jars feel the air in jar if it feels humid and buds are softer I leave lid open if I feel air and it’s dry and buds still feel crunchy I let air exchange and close jar. 🙈🙈 I’ve got meters on the way as I’ve already been told to get it done by Keeno 😬

So what is your tried and true? As this is obviously a process I need to tweek 😂😂
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
biosynthetic (Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:25 am) • MrHash (Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:28 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Drying and curing..your tried and true

Post by 2-Scoops »

I jar mine up when buds around 70rh and bring it down burping jar daily for 10min or so till it reaches 62rh, i also add and use 62rh packs, i find its better lowering rh in bud this way to keep a bit of stickiness, stinkiness when buds are cracked open over that of trying to add rh to the bud that's been jarred up at a lower rh than 62 and then trying to bring it back up with 62rh packs. You just dont get that same feel or stink when its cracked open .
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I’ve heard it’s better to take the fan leaves off then hang them up on the branches as they retain moisture longer and therefore have longer to get rid of the chlorophyll, also do you cure for a minimum of 2weeks?

I cut them take the fan leaves off then hang them for about a week sometimes longer then jar them up, seems to work .

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:55 pm
I jar mine up when buds around 70rh and bring it down burping jar daily for 10min or so till it reaches 62rh, i also add and use 62rh packs, i find its better lowering rh in bud this way to keep a bit of stickiness, stinkiness when buds are cracked open over that of trying to add rh to the bud that's been jarred up at a lower rh than 62 and then trying to bring it back up with 62rh packs. You just dont get that same feel or stink when its cracked open .
100% thus far my rh always ends up too low and its a right pain bringing it back up and 9/10 it doesn't work.. and yes it doesn't have a nice stench..kind still smells like weed but not danky

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I've still not got it right. Got a harvest soon and I think before I have overdried..plus my drying conditions being crap as I've had to dry inside the garage so had to keep the tent heated.

The snapping theory I still can't get right..as I've followed it before and that's why I've always ended up oveedried.

This time using a bowl trimmer trimming wet then hanging racks. Drying indoors in a small tent with the filter on the outside of the tent. We'll see

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

try some dried for 7 days or whatever you do and then stick some jars in the fridge to cure for a month or two, smoothest smoke ever.

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Greenfingers wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 pm
try some dried for 7 days or whatever you do and then stick some jars in the fridge to cure for a month or two, smoothest smoke ever.
Interesting do you still burp turn during the fridge cure?

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

IMO wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Greenfingers wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 pm
Interesting do you still burp turn during the fridge cure?
Yes, @kbag told me about it.
It’s also a good way to slow the drying down in the summer if you can be arsed too mess about :idn:

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I am doing the paper bag thing...dry 1 wk.or so .sticks a little snappy..into a big paper bag...let's go

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

JJ wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:58 am
I am doing the paper bag thing...dry 1 wk.or so .sticks a little snappy..into a big paper bag...let's go
Ive been reading about this and tempted to give it a try and see what its all about
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”