Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Trim bags, are they any good?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Vador
Known User

Trim bags, are they any good?

Post by Vador »

Has anyone tried using one of these trim bags? Tempted to get one.
Looks like it could save hours each harvest.
This one seems to be made by the same people that make those trim bins, really expensive though @ £270+, there are knock offs for about £150 which are probably just the same.

Probably wouldn't be hard to make something similar. I'm guessing its just one of those pop up garden bins with a mesh divider making two compartments, bud stays one side while trim falls through the mesh? It's a lot of money for what it is really.

Anyone use one of these bags or made one yourself?
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
biosynthetic
Known User

Re: Trim bags, are they any good?

Post by biosynthetic »

Looks like you would lose a lot of kief if the buds dry already :idn:

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

biosynthetic wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:23 pm
Thats not too much of a problem as I use all the trim anyway, If it saves lots of time and the end product still gets me stoned then its a win win in my eyes. I always end up with a massive pile of trichomes after trimming anyway.
Biggest problem for me is the pain it causes sat in the same spot for hours on end, get bad backs anyway but harvest time is a killer, not to mention looking down all the time and the neck pains associated with that.
Definitely going to give it a try, found these couple of diy methods. both dead simple but really effective.
im thinking a mixture of the two methods will work, chicken wire cage inside a bucket with 1" clearance around the walls and ends. Bud goes in the cage and trim falls into the 1" void.

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Vador wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:37 pm
biosynthetic wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:23 pm
Thats not too much of a problem as I use all the trim anyway, If it saves lots of time and the end product still gets me stoned then its a win win in my eyes. I always end up with a massive pile of trichomes after trimming anyway.
Biggest problem for me is the pain it causes sat in the same spot for hours on end, get bad backs anyway but harvest time is a killer, not to mention looking down all the time and the neck pains associated with that.
Definitely going to give it a try, found these couple of diy methods. both dead simple but really effective.
im thinking a mixture of the two methods will work, chicken wire cage inside a bucket with 1" clearance around the walls and ends. Bud goes in the cage and trim falls into the 1" void.

Please make one and bring to polly tunnel for next year hahaha

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I want one ready for next harvest lol, need it built and ready for action in 10 weeks time ish.

Could use a cement mixer with the chicken wire cage idea inside it too

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Raffle ticket machine

mrming

Post by mrming »

May i ask - i thought we are supposed to be gentle with the buds so as not to break the trichs off??
:puff puff: :puff puff:

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

I personally haven’t tried them I like my trichomes to much 🙈🙈 trim bin has been a great purchase tho
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Greenthirteen

Post by Greenthirteen »

I’m not a fan as it makes everything all rounded off like pebbles. No shape to any flowers. Feels rough.

It is clever and it does work I’m just not a fan for indoor flower. Defiantly saves a huge amount of time but I think it lowers quality.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I don’t disagree that youll lose a bit of potency on the buds.
My thought process at the moment is whats more important having crystal covered buds and terrible pains for days to follow. or slightly less crystal covered bud but no pains, a whole couple of days of time saved and a nice pile of kief to press for rosin or turn to hash.
I do like the look of those trim bins, in fact that search was what led me to the trim bag. Scissor cramp is a big thing for me too, border line arthritis kicking in i think. Need to make life easier for myself.. if that means a slightly bigger pile of trichomes at the end of each harvest then so be it.
So thats where im at at the moment anyway, ill give the cage in a bucket a test run and see how it goes, if it doesnt work out then hey ho

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”