Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Trim bags, are they any good?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Trim bags, are they any good?

Post by 2-Scoops »

Takes me no longer than an hour to trim 10 to 20 oz of bud with one of these, I've usually smashed lot out and cleaned everything up within an hour tbh. I dont use scissors except for chopping thick stalks that are full of weed from plant. Basically i pull away all fan leaves from around buds with my hand, then i nip all bud away from stem with my finger and nails and fill the trimmer up and 15 turns or so jobs done. Plenty of nice trim left behind for cooking shit up as well. But man i swear the machine i use saves me hours and hours faffing around with weed on chop day. One of the best ever weed stuff buys by far. Never used but i have seen the trim bags on sale and thought costly for what they are. 8-)

"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

If you like something and it’s gonna help u along then try it or next yr you’ll still be thinking I should of tried it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Chad Westport did a video about this recently

https://youtu.be/vaqm_3k1jKY
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Vador wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:27 pm
My thought process at the moment is whats more important having crystal covered buds and terrible pains for days to follow.
I would say theirs shit loads more potency within the bud than what we see on outside, that doesn't get touched at all till we smoke it and like you say all crap gets used up for goodies, i make tinctures and butter with what's left in my trim bowl

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Hydro was raving about these to me a while back on discord.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:36 pm
Takes me no longer than an hour to trim 10 to 20 oz of bud with one of these, I've usually smashed lot out and cleaned everything up within an hour tbh. I dont use scissors except for chopping thick stalks that are full of weed from plant. Basically i pull away all fan leaves from around buds with my hand, then i nip all bud away from stem with my finger and nails and fill the trimmer up and 15 turns or so jobs done. Plenty of nice trim left behind for cooking shit up as well. But man i swear the machine i use saves me hours and hours faffing around with weed on chop day. One of the best ever weed stuff buys by far. Never used but i have seen the trim bags on sale and thought costly for what they are. 8-)

I'm just about to do my 4 plants on this bad boy. Do you do it wet or dry out of interest? I'm going for wet

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

Do it wet wu, if ya do it dry ya smash fuck out of the buds and most end up dust lol

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Watched the chad westport video and also the one he linked to on his trimming method, interesting points but it still comes down to trichomes vs pain for me. Unless im smoking rosin then i dont tend to get that stoned anyway so would i really notice the difference?

I think the only option is to get a trim bin and try that and see if it helps me, also make a cheap tumbler out of some chicken wire and test both methods off against each other and see what works best for me.

There’s 3 plants in the tent so its only fair to do half a plant with scissors and half a plant tumbled then keep them labeled and separate for curing, do the same for all 3 plants weighing everything is i go. Then after curing it comes down to a smoke off.
Perhaps could tag a bud or two and get some microscope shots before and after tumbling and see how much difference it really makes.

The tumbler looks like it would suit my method of drying as well, i like to hang the plant whole for as long as possible then trim when the leafs are crispy, tried using silicon brush but have to keep switching back to scissors at some point so end up just sticking with scissors and brushing leafs off.

Will get a trim bin and some chicken wire and see what happens.
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

I have one and like it, you just have to make sure your weed isn't too dry or doesn't work well.
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Paul_led wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:42 pm
Do it wet wu, if ya do it dry ya smash fuck out of the buds and most end up dust lol
Lol yeah man that's wise, especially for me as the first one to take down doesn't have large buds anyways..if I dry trim ill end up with dust like you said..."anybody, nobody, dust?"

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”