Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drying right side up

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
TerpBurglar

Drying right side up

Post by TerpBurglar »

I was just wondering if its OK to dry not upside down. What if I just cut the main stem and left them dry the right way up in the scrog screen?? :Stoned: :idea:
These users thanked the author TerpBurglar for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 am) • Herbalist (Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:25 pm) • MommaB (Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:10 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Drying right side up

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes all good mate, theirs no problems doing that, its one I've done myself in past.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
TerpBurglar (Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:15 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Cheers mate. I thought there might be a reason that everyone hangs them upside down πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
These users thanked the author TerpBurglar for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:17 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

TerpBurglar wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:15 am
Cheers mate. I thought there might be a reason that everyone hangs them upside down πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Prolly cus its easier to hang upside down. Watch someone chime in with a great explanation why though now :rolf:

Basically so long as your bud is dry enough to jar up, usually after 5+ days, i mean it might take 14 days before you jar up, it depends on time of year, temps, humidity etc and all that i suppose then go for it and just crack jar open every day for ten minutes for a 2 weeks or so, its the jarring and curing process that turns the bud from a fine wine to champagne :nice: . Look at the Boveda 62rh packs on ebay for the jarring and curing process, just sling one in a jar with an oz or so of buddage, essential bit of kit me thinks for curing process, other opinions may differ on that though. :running-around:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:22 pm) • TerpBurglar (Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:39 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:22 pm)

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Herbalist »

I know a guy that doesn't even chop. He lets the whole plant just dry in the pot then chops, trims and jars up all in one night.

I think you'll be fine. πŸ‘πŸΏ
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 2):
TerpBurglar (Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:39 pm) • wutang (Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:22 pm)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

You’ll probably find it better that way anyway, drying upside down works great and everything but gravity obviously makes all the leafs droop and as they dry out they start clinging to the buds.
The way you are suggesting should help avoid that.
One obvious advantage to drying upside down though is if you hang it from a bit of paracord you can spin the whole plant which makes it easier to get all the fan leafs and dead crap.
I like to hang my plants whole and weather permitting let them hang for about 2 weeks while i spend roughly 15 minutes each day trimming off bigger leafs, all the sugar leafs stay on till the end. In the summer it doesnt work like that though and i end up just harvesting and trimming before it all dries out too quick.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
TerpBurglar (Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:39 pm) • Herbalist (Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:08 pm)
β–‘β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–„β–€β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–‘β–„β–€β–„β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„
β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was β€œwhat am I doing tonight”.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

You’ll probably find it better that way anyway, drying upside down works great and everything but gravity obviously makes all the leafs droop and as they dry out they start clinging to the buds.
The way you are suggesting should help avoid that.
One obvious advantage to drying upside down though is if you hang it from a bit of paracord you can spin the whole plant which makes it easier to get all the fan leafs and dead crap.
I like to hang my plants whole and weather permitting let them hang for about 2 weeks while i spend roughly 15 minutes each day trimming off bigger leafs, all the sugar leafs stay on till the end. In the summer it doesnt work like that though and i end up just harvesting and trimming before it all dries out too quick.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
TerpBurglar (Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:05 pm)

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I saw many different ways to dry weed... The only thing really important is the 60-60 rule :sunglasses:
If you want to dry the plants horyzontally, just let them rest on a soft surface, otherwise they'll be flat at the end. The SCROG net can be good
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post:
TerpBurglar (Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:04 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Always tried upside down may have to try it this way just to see. Makes sense tho to keep the leaves from sticking.
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
TerpBurglar (Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:05 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to β€œCannabis And Growing Q&A Room”