Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Calmag - hardwater area with 0.6ec

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Re: Calmag - hardwater area with 0.6ec

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:24 pm
Canna A+B is full of cal and mag already... If you think you need some, just up the ferts.

ImageImage

My water doesn;t even make the EC wand flash, I don't need calmag. My old house was 0.7-0.8 out the tap... I didn't need calmag then either.

:idn:
Yep. First time I got my blue lab truncheon I was convinced it was broke as the water showed no ec.

Got to love welsh water (that's why I add 1 ml cal mag with every 10 litres)
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 pm) • wutang (Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:47 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Paul_led wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:13 pm
wutang wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:25 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:06 pm
As long as you're using a fertiliser that has been formulated for coco then you won't need it. Even with RO water I only need a small amount to buffer when using coco.
Hey @seymore_budz long time!

Hope you're good?

Yeah I went for canna coco pro plus, and their a and b after having a chat with Keeno. Otherwise I'd be a rabbit in headlights with everything the grow shop throws at me. Gr420 is love man.

I have some pk13 from a few years back..bottle is mostly full...and thats it. First time in autopots so lots of new factors to consider this time so just want to keep everything as simple as possible. Already killed two seats in overwatered peats so I've gone old school with germinating in paper towels..always worked before. Then ill make sure my jiffy peats arent too soggy and drain them like mad before the seeds go in there. And then into coco which is going to be all new!

Do I need to do anything with the coco and clay pebbles before I put them in pots?

Cheers!
Wu
Lose the peAtplugs mate. No need at all. Just get a 1l pot put coco in it and put the seeds from the paper towel strwight into the coco bout 1cm down

Paul
Cheers Paul. With some nutes with correct ph etc?

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:34 pm
wutang wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:25 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:06 pm
As long as you're using a fertiliser that has been formulated for coco then you won't need it. Even with RO water I only need a small amount to buffer when using coco.
Hey @seymore_budz long time!

Hope you're good?

Yeah I went for canna coco pro plus, and their a and b after having a chat with Keeno. Otherwise I'd be a rabbit in headlights with everything the grow shop throws at me. Gr420 is love man.

I have some pk13 from a few years back..bottle is mostly full...and thats it. First time in autopots so lots of new factors to consider this time so just want to keep everything as simple as possible. Already killed two seats in overwatered peats so I've gone old school with germinating in paper towels..always worked before. Then ill make sure my jiffy peats arent too soggy and drain them like mad before the seeds go in there. And then into coco which is going to be all new!

Do I need to do anything with the coco and clay pebbles before I put them in pots?

Cheers!
Wu
Yea man long time no speak dude! Overwatering is always a concern when germinating mate I've been growing a long time and still kill seeds from time to time by overwatering. I find the peat dries out real quick too so I always end up over compensating and the don't like it.

I agree with Paul mate just bang em straight in the coco. Coco and peat have very similar qualities so they will thrive in just coco if the conditions are right.

I always rinse my pebbles. Some say it's a but pedantic but I always find washing them put my mind at ease.
Hope you and yours are well bud.

Yeah man I was on a roll in the early days when I was just dipping my toes into growing...and paper towel germinating was always successful..I stopped growing for a bit but prior I had good luck in peat..somewhere along the lines I forgot the proper skill lol.

Some people say you wash then soak in ph water? The ones I've got state they are ec and ph stable not sure if that makes a difference?

With straight coco without any perlite right? The grow shop said I didn't need it but just needed pebbles to layer my autopots. Should I add nutes when putting the seedlings in?

Cheers!

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”