Welcome to the cannabis questions and answers room. This section is here for you to ask or answer questions regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Downsizing my pots?

Ask cannabis and growing related questions
Tom1974

Downsizing my pots?

Post by Tom1974 »

My girls currently grow in 18 litre pots and following on from my post the other day about the root balls being so small and no roots are ever near the bottoms, I am thinking is most of my feed going to waste and should I downsize my pots to maybe 14 litres or even 11 litre ones?

I veg for 4 weeks and flower for 9 Just don’t see the benefits of having much larger pots when I would have more feed closer to the root zone If they was in smaller ones

Thanks as always my friends

Paul_led
Respected Member

Re: Downsizing my pots?

Post by Paul_led »

Nooooo never downsize lol
Here is my roots in 15l pot Image
I have no idea what ya doing to have little to no roots but more roots more fruits

Paul

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

Paul_led wrote:Nooooo never downsize lol
Here is my roots in 15l pot Image
I have no idea what ya doing to have little to no roots but more roots more fruits

Paul
Wow Paul that looks amazing, I literally have no bring mate come the end!

Maybe I should post up my recipe you know in a separate thread and have you guys check over it but I seriously have nothing there just a small tennis size ball which I break up and then I will reuse the cocoa

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

If you're going to downsize pots in coco use Air pots 10 litre ones i use and are great for automated drip systems can be abit of pain when hand feeding until use to them. Plus i think Paul should swap to them to stop the root spiralling or rootbound as they say.

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

kbag wrote:If you're going to downsize pots in coco use Air pots 10 litre ones i use and are great for automated drip systems can be abit of pain when hand feeding until use to them. Plus i think Paul should swap to them to stop the root spiralling or rootbound as they say.
What do you find a pain when hand feeding them mate because that’s what I shall be doing if I go that route?
Cheers

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

You have to be a little slower and work from the plant outwards or it can spill out the holes on the side of the pots.

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

kbag wrote:You have to be a little slower and work from the plant outwards or it can spill out the holes on the side of the pots.
Ah I see mate, you don’t happen to know if there are any YouTube videos or tutorials online for them do you?

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Sorry Tom i do not but this link will tell you about them https://www.onestopgrowshop.co.uk/super ... litre.html
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
Tom1974 (Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 pm)

Tom1974

Post by Tom1974 »

kbag wrote:Sorry Tom i do not but this link will tell you about them https://www.onestopgrowshop.co.uk/super ... litre.html
Thanks man

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Hi Tom,

If you're only doing 4 weeks veg I'd go for smaller pots and more plants.

I like 5L pots in coir as I only 'veg' till they hit the 6th node and then top and flip them. 7L in mud is perfect for me too.

You'll get approximately an ounce of dope per litre of medium I find in coir and a bit less in mud.

Have a play and see what suits your methods and routines. You'll soon find your groove.

Good luck man!
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Tom1974 (Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:53 pm)

Return to “Cannabis And Growing Q&A Room”